Cadillac Owners Forum banner
7K views 76 replies 23 participants last post by  1990CaddyBrougham 
#1 ·
Oh today was a great day. You guys may remember my post a while ago on whether a 80-84 rrear bumper will fit a 79. That the guy only wanted the back bumper for his 79 off a coupe.

Well after the whole summer i went back. Both cars not touched.
I went by half dozen times all summer, guy was never home.
His wife let me in, i said i came by earlyier in the year to look at it, she said, you must be anthony then... I said yea, how do you know, well you number is on our fridge from when you left it she said. (her husband was in the shower) So waitng for him we talked cars, said how she likes driving in the big caddys, and how she is so happy to see a kid like me liek them and want the load that is sitting on there lawn. ANd how she wants me to get it... bla bla bla.

Her husband came out, talked for about caddys for 45 min, and just told me i could have it. (after telling him the bumper wouldnt interchange, bumper is ****ing rotted anyways) So i was all happy and what not told him that id be back with a trailer and to take anything he wants out of it. Then he told me it was a car from NY and may have bodies in the trunk.... who doesnt say that about cadillacs.....

went back at abot 830 and tried to jump her to drive her on the trailer. (after years of sitting under a pine tree) no go, battery was DEAD!!!! Went home got a good battery, some gas and went back, battey in, gas in and it started rgiht up!! ht 4100 purrred again. It sparked some intrest and the negbors came out... they were happy to see it leave, i dont blame them really.

Car is a 84 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe. Light blue on blue, exterior paint has a nice mossy green custom caked tint to it, and about 4 inches of tree sap and pine needles caked all over it. Pine needles everywhwew, all under the hood and all over the car. Mind you we took it home on a trailer on the highway going 70 and i think maby 2 needles blew off. Shit was caked on.
runs ppissser, leaks tranny flud from a line, and bad break line.

Body is fairly rust free, under side... ehh. Fact. wire wheels, and custom grille....

For a first i can say, the picstures DO justice for the car. Lol.

Hey it was free.

:highfive: :thumbsup:

See less See more
#35 ·
Even if you don't want it, you can still sell it for parts and make a profit off of it. I mean it's free, what's to lose!

#37 ·
If you MUST part it out, then do it, however, being so complite, it would be nice to see it restored.

as long as you dont demo it.

#44 ·
Well, yes, the rear window is different, but how is the sheet metal different? like, in what way? I was always told it was the same basic body, so please inform me.

#61 ·
Sheet metal pix. The roof line is quite different. Rear quarter panels will not interchange. All the bolt-on stuff WILL fit but there are dozens of rivit type attachment points for the extra trim on the Fleetwood. Some hack shops use aluminum rivits to install these when using incorrect sheet metal. Rusts like mad due to dissimilar metals.

Attachments

#47 ·
Oh no!
I'd honestly rather see it go out in a blaze of glory at the demo derby than get carved up by some phillistine's torch to make a bounce-up-and-down car. Is there no-one who just wants to fix it up? :(

#48 ·
Not all lowriders are bad, some are nice. And not all of them are hoppers.

#51 ·
That's a 1200% profit! Amazing!

#68 ·
I think what he means is that the mounting holes are different, but other that that, same thing, right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.