Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Craft RSE Preview link ( Cad Wins!)

HP isn't the issue when modding a FWD car for drag racing. The big issue is getting it to hook-up so you can get a good ET. Body, suspension, and tires are all major draw-backs to FWD cars that must be overcome. This why the major sanctioning bodies have adopted a seperate class for FWD drag cars. It was determined that RWD cars had an advantage. DAH!!
    Kevin

Well right now iam worried more about my handleing more than going fast in a stright line, while that is fun, going fast while turning is more fun in opinion. Any ideas about that?

Put low profile 17-18" tires and wheels, contact sway bar companies for some large dia units, install KYB or TOkico struts/shocks. and attack the corners.

I was looking at the ajustable KYB shocks, but they say only the GR2s will fit my car. Also i have the shelf leveling rear suspension, whats that do anyway?

I have KYB non adj on my 82 Ftwd. I also used to have level ride. It was basically air shocks connected to a compressor. If you do away with the level ride. You'll probably have to cut one coil from the front springs to get the stance right. Which is what I did. Most sway bar companies, If they don't have bars for your car, could make some. I saw an ad in Grassroots Motorsports the other day for a company that will make any custom bar for about $100 ea.

Mad'lac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
    Hey Jeff, if I added Impala SS springs do I need to get rid of the level ride?Are the air shocks the only shocks on my car? I was planning to add Tokico shocks when I install the springs.

yea, the air shocks are the only rear shocks on the car. If you remove and replace with normal shocks, the car may sit a little low in the rear. As stated above, I cut one coil from the front.

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    I like your front bumper mod. Did you do the glass yourself?

Both bumpers are made from .060 Aluminum Sheet stock.
    10 lbs each. I did them myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12