Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Delco Stereo Replacement Recommendations?

2K views 1 reply 3 participants last post by  Cadillacboy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! I'm having some issues with the factory stereo unit in my caddy... The CD player decided to crap out on me and it refuses to play any of my CD's. Once a disc is inserted it sounds like its trying to spin the disc but can't then it rejects it saying err on the digital display.

I'm not surprised at all that the CD player failed I'm just surprised that it even worked at all when the car was given to me being that it is 20 years old. The radio and tape player still work. I went out to wal-mart and bought one of those tape cassettes with the aux cable coming from it and I've been using my smart phone as a primary source for music, but I don't enjoy fumbling through menus to get to my music.... What I have done is I have taken the unit out of the dash that part was very easy and I have taken the whole unit apart cleaned and re-lubricated the mechanisms, the disc turn table motor spins freely cleaned the disc lens and it worked for only a minute then stopped.

Here are my options

Option 1, My favourite If anyone has a 93-95 Delco stereo that has the CD player option, let me know I don't care if the knobs are missing or if the tape cassette or radio don't work just need the CD portion! it can be from a Fleetwood, Eldorado, Deville and Seville. They have a different wiring harness i know but if you crack them open they have the same parts! All i have to do is remove the Disc mechanism from the other unit and install it in mine and it would work just like new!

Option 2 What other GM stereo's will work in my car

Option 3 I can replace the whole stereo but I would like everyone's opinions on, kits, Stereo units, But I will only do this If I don't have to cut any wires.

See less See more
#2 ·
Our cassette player in the Fleetwood also stopped worked long time ago. I know Kenwood makes decent audio systems that should leave OEM in dust .You can also have an aftermarket built in systems to support bluetooth Audio and rear view cam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.