German Landyacht-Fan introduces himself - looking for a 75/76 Coupe de Ville - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, German Landyacht-Fan introduces himself - looking for a 75/76 Coupe de Ville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ^^ I agree. Well-kept but the leather gives the game away. Looks like the front carpet has been replaced too. ...
    Robin Banx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: German Landyacht-Fan introduces himself - looking for a 75/76 Coupe de Ville

^^ I agree. Well-kept but the leather gives the game away. Looks like the front carpet has been replaced too. 126,000 miles wouldn't surprise me.

Cheers..............R.

autoalfred is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: German Landyacht-Fan introduces himself - looking for a 75/76 Coupe de Ville

A little off topic, but this would be the condition of "my" Coupe de Ville I'm dreaming of:

1976 Fleetwood

(the price however would cause me nightmares)

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance
    Cool car! Fifteen years ago I acquired a perfect 1976 Fleetwood Brougham with just under 10k miles and the air cushion restraint system. The owner wanted $9,000, I could only get him down to $8,800 which I felt was a steal anyway. For fun I advertised the car a year later for one and a half times the purchase price and a buyer from Colorado instantly stalked me until I sold it to him.

aaron.hudacky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado, 1978 Coupe deVille, 1979 Coupe deVille

The light blue 76 Brougham is very nice, but for $26k I'd want the correct whitewalls and hubcaps. Al, at the time I posted, I had literal found the white 76 coupe online 2 days prior. I was just digging around seeing what I could find and it popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron.hudacky View Post
    The light blue 76 Brougham is very nice, but for $26k I'd want the correct whitewalls and hubcaps...
    What is incorrect about the hubcaps on that car?

Seville fan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1986 Fleetwood Brougham

The seat cloth in the 1976 Fleetwood looks discolored (might just be the pattern) and the carpet shows more soiling than I would expect for 7,000 miles. Also there is rust around the data plate, unacceptable for $26,000! If you see it up that high on the body chances are it's in other places.

It would take a while but if you really like these and want a nice one wait for a better example that has been in California its whole life with only one or two owners. Buying such a car from a private party will save you thousands of dollars — the dealer selling this car sure as heck didn't pay anywhere near $26k. Finally at that price I would rather have leather. It wears a lot better than cloth and looks richer.

Quote Originally Posted by Seville fan View Post
    It would take a while but if you really like these and want a nice one wait...
    I would LOVE to have a Fleetwood like this one (and i'd like an Eldorado, too.) but now I'll concentrate on priority 1 which is a 75/76 Coupe de Ville. (priority 1a+ however is finding a a garage space first)
    77CDV likes this.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Trade a Lincoln for a Cadillac....
    csbuckn likes this.

How do you like this one? 1975 Cadillac Coupe de Ville, 12,000 miles, $6500 OBO. Common problem: Bumper fillers missing.

Quote Originally Posted by autoalfred View Post
    How do you like this one? 1975 Cadillac Coupe de Ville, 12,000 miles, $6500 OBO. Common problem: Bumper fillers missing.
    That is a 1975 d'Elegance. Simply gorgeous! If I were adopting it the giant 70's style bumper guards would come off. What a great car with wonderful colors!

Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    That is a 1975 d'Elegance. Simply gorgeous! If I were adopting it the giant 70's style bumper guards would come off. What a great car with wonderful colors!
    The interieor is great! Not sure about the silver - seems too modern to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    If I were adopting it the giant 70's style bumper guards would come off.
    Definetely!

How much would you guess would it cost to fix the bumper fillers?

Quote Originally Posted by autoalfred View Post

...Not sure about the silver - seems too modern to me... (...) How much would you guess would it cost to fix the bumper fillers?
    Silver with a silver vinyl top is totally 70's, and rare to see these days because the original silver and light blue GM factory paint jobs from the mid to late 70's tended to dry out and disintegrate then flake off which looked terrible and led to rust and early deterioration which doomed too many GM cars too quickly to hobo status. The red interior is awesome with the silver - I would LOVE to own the 75 Coupe deVille you are looking at!

I have never replaced fillers before. Every old GM car I've had the privilege of owning was from the northern US which apparently has a filler friendly climate. Even after the better part of ten years back and forth to Florida the original fillers on my 1979 Cadillac are still hanging tough and remain supple but I need to constantly wax and clean them to fight the harsh Florida climate which I can tell will claim the fillers at some point.

There are many threads on this forum regarding filler replacement and also many active members who have gone through the process and have facts you need and can relate their experiences and opinions.

EDIT: Just called the seller. He sold that car already. But you knwow what's funny? He bought two identical Cadillacs back in 1975 - and the second one is silver with red interior also. He wants to sell that one , too - for $9000.

Hi guys,
    I'd like to ask your opinon about this car which 77CDV has found:
    It's a 1976 CDV with 137,000 (!!) miles, owned by the son of the second owner who bought the car in 1978.

Asking price is $6000.

Pros:
    • it looks well taken care of
    • paint and interior look good
    • Looks like a clone of my first car (see page 1 of this thread)

Cons:
    • high mileage
    • bumper fillers probably need to be replaced and painted. the fillers are cheap, but the labor of installing and painting them and matching the paint is expensive
    • I (and 77 CDV) think the seller asking too much given the mileage. The price should be closer to $3000-$4000 USD.

What do you think?

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

I think (to a point) that mileage is irrelevant on old cars. There are low mile pieces of junk, and there are high mile cars that have been beautifully maintained. At some point the X/Y/Z of mileage/condition/price will cross in your universe and you'll buy something. Personally, I would pick one or two colours, set a firm budget (and condition expectations), and buy the right car when it comes along. You're all over the place.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.