German Landyacht-Fan introduces himself - looking for a 75/76 Coupe de Ville - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, German Landyacht-Fan introduces himself - looking for a 75/76 Coupe de Ville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The Coupe deVille from that era was extraordinary popular so fine examples still exist and will appear on the market ...
    Bro-Ham is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance
    The Coupe deVille from that era was extraordinary popular so fine examples still exist and will appear on the market so get ready! :-)

autoalfred is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: German Landyacht-Fan introduces himself - looking for a 75/76 Coupe de Ville

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    By all means, be picky! It'll save you a LOT of money and headaches in the end.
    I think so, too.

Quote Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
    Ive spent as long as 9 months looking for a particular car, although 40 year old showroom cars are hard to find.
    Well, that's not exactly what I'm looking for. I think it's ebvn better if the car was driven regularly. I simply want a car in a very good (but not necessarily perfect) condition: No rust, no (major) dents, no sratches and a perfect interior.

But I am not looking for a 40 year old 700-mile-car e.g. like this Eldorado.

Edit: How about this one?

1975 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Text says: "This car was bought new at Bob Spreen Cadillac in Los Angeles and is still owned by the original buyer. All service has been performed at Bob Spreen Cadillac or McAllister Cadillac. The mileage is accurate. The car has been in Southern California since new. Everything exterior is original including paint. There is a scratch on the rt ft fender, a few stone chips on the nose of the car and the drivers door molding has a flat rub mark. All are visible in the pictures. The interior is just as nice. I included a picture of the drivers floor mat just to show the care for the car, it has not been replaced. The drivers door arm rest was recovered. The passengers door armrest has a crack. The lower passenger door rubber is split and the clock does not work. All are visible in the pictures. Mechanically The car has been serviced on the factory schedule. 500CI Engine runs beautiful. Transmission was rebuilt in 2008 as a precaution. The A/C was converted to R-134 and works excellent."

Bad: "lower passenger door rubber is split"

That is a nice looking car!

Re: German Landyacht-Fan introduces himself - looking for a 75/76 Coupe de Ville

Thanks!

Will it be hard to find a passenger's door armrest?

What does he mean by "lower passenger door rubber"?

What do you think why the hood is so elevated?

www.justdashes.com should be able to make that door panel armrest better than new.

the APEMAN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1980 FBC

Welcome. Look up Rick Gruwez. IIRC he was in Bavaria and probably knows where there are many survivor Cadillacs.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Just Dashes will do an amazing job at recovering that armrest, but they are EXPENSIVE. Another alternative is to have the armrest recovered by a good interior shop so it matches the driver's side, which has already been redone. The edge of the hood is raised up like that because the hinges and springs have become fatigued over time. Very common on Cadillacs of this vintage. A good body shop could realign it.

Riverside is not too far from me if you're serious about the car.

Just Dashes will do an amazing job at recovering that armrest, but they are EXPENSIVE. Another alternative is to have the armrest recovered by a good interior shop so it matches the driver's side, which has already been redone. The edge of the hood is raised up like that because the hinges and springs have become fatigued over time. Very common on Cadillacs of this vintage. A good body shop could realign it.

Riverside is not too far from me if you're serious about the car.
    That's a great offer! Thank so much! I would love to get back to your offer, but first I'll talk to the guy on the phone today and ask him, if he's really the first owner, if he really had all services done at Cadillac even until today, make him send me maintenance records from the last 7 years and ask him if he can make a few more detailed photos:
    • vinyl top all around,
    • the back side windows in details (sometimes rust along them),
    • more interior pics,
    • undercarriage
    - any more suggestions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the APEMAN View Post
    Welcome. Look up Rick Gruwez. IIRC he was in Bavaria and probably knows where there are many survivor Cadillacs.
    He's in Belgium. I think he went out of business - at least he's got no more cars in stock. He's an outstanding example of what klind of pictures buyers are looking for - e.g. this 1976 Coupe de Ville - 118 pics!

update: The Cadillac's original owner passed away 4 years ago, mother one year ago. Car now belongs to the children.

Jim is a dealer and his son is in charge of the selling.
    I asked him for the maintenace records and more detailed photos and - hopefully - monday I'll receive that.
    talismandave likes this.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Cool. Let me know if you need me to go look at it.
    autoalfred likes this.

Cool. Let me know if you need me to go look at it.
    Thanks again! You've got a PM. Interesting facts: The "Buy-it-now"-button was removed. And: The auction is with no reserve. Current bid: $3,995

Quote Originally Posted by autoalfred View Post

...Interesting facts: The "Buy-it-now"-button was removed. And: The auction is with no reserve. Current bid: $3,995
    Check this to be certain - I am pretty sure when a bid is placed the "buy it now" option cancels. Good luck!

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Bro-Ham is correct. A bid means no more buy it now.

I don't think that's correct. Look at this auction: Bidding in Progress and still a "buy it now" buttton.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131241639662

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

It's seller selectable, it defaults to Buy it Now disappearing with the first bid. Ebay added the function awhile ago where you can keep the Buy it Now for an item where the reserve is not met.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.