I don't understand ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! HELP HELP
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, I don't understand ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! HELP HELP in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi Guys I don't understand !!! I have a Caddy since two years (fleetwood brougham - with 6 liter engine ...
    CORNE DE BRUME is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1980-FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

I don't understand ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! HELP HELP

Hi Guys
    I don't understand !!!
    I have a Caddy since two years (fleetwood brougham - with 6 liter engine - carb). Since the begin, the red light "STOP ENGINE TEMP" lighting any time
    I want to find why, and i clean the radiator, and change the water, clean the engine (inside) and all hose the same problem.....
    I think it's a sensor the problem, but WHERE is this sensor on the engine ??? I find one on the left of the engine near the alternator ?? (back) with one wire, a other with two wire on the back of the AC compressor,
    I need your help about this sensor, do you now what is the sensor is out of order ?
    I'm not nervous, because the car run well, the radiator is full, the engine too, but this light lighting any time and i dont like

To find the good sensor, one of you did have the "EOM" GM number ??
    Thank for your help, and have a nice day.

Didier from France.

VOYANT 2.JPG

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

%oNSt&n30YGoyqoi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Brougham base

Re: I don't understand ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! HELP HELP

With the engine running, try pushing the 'warmer' button and the 'off' button at the same time, (if I remember correctly), on climate control panel. It should go into auto diagnostics, giving you a series of 2-digit codes. Any codes which only flash are intermittent, and if one stays on or comes back on at the end of the cycle will be the likely suspect. You will need an owners manual to decipher which sensor could be the problem. At least, that is how I diagnosed my 1984 SDV and my 1991 Brougham. Best of luck.

CORNE DE BRUME is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1980-FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Hi, thank for your help

But my car is made in 1980, and she don't has a computer. I have light on the dashboard only. I think it is the sensor is out of order, but where is this sensor in the engine ??
    Thanks

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

If I recall its screwed into the passenger cylinder head between the 2 rear spark plugs. One wire to it. Pull the wire off and with the key on, car off, ground that wire to the block, if the light comes on, that's it! I've seen that wire having insulation missing over the years and grounding at times on metal. That would account for intermittent flickering on.

the APEMAN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1980 FBC

There are sensors on the passenger and driver's cylinder head. The one on the passenger head is used to lock out the blower until engine makes heat. The driver's side one is for the idiot lamp and is the one you are interested in. Check the underhood wiring in the area for insulation troubles as mentioned.

There is also a bulb check that makes that lamp light with the doors ajar and ignition switched on or something similar.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.