1980 fleetwood with no turn signal - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1980 fleetwood with no turn signal in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So.... you replaced every turn signal bulb before any flasher! you did confirm each bulb was correct for its socket, ...
    carnut is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: 1980 fleetwood with no turn signal

So.... you replaced every turn signal bulb before any flasher! you did confirm each bulb was correct for its socket, correct? Meaning a single filament bulb in a single filament socket, dual filament bulb in a dual filament socket.

804fleetbro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1980 Fleetwood Broham

Quote Originally Posted by carnut View Post
    So.... you replaced every turn signal bulb before any flasher! you did confirm each bulb was correct for its socket, correct? Meaning a single filament bulb in a single filament socket, dual filament bulb in a dual filament socket.

Yes I replaced bulbs before the flasher. Oh my was that the wrong thing to do? Yes I checked to make sure the correct bulb is in its corresponding socket.

Went to the Cadillac today,( my father's house) still no luck, reevaluated each bulb and bulb housing. Everything is tight and working properly. Except the headlights. All fuses are good, is there any relays that correspond with the headlights? I know they are in working order. Thanks for the replays.

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

So now your headlights are out too?
    When mine went out it was a fusible link that melted and caused them not to work. The link is within the wiring leading from the firewall to the radiator support. Which headlight(s) are out? Low beam/high beam/both? Each one is a different wire and has its own fusible link. I then replaced it with a inline fuse and no issues since.

Quote Originally Posted by 1980coupe View Post
    So now your headlights are out too?
    When mine went out it was a fusible link that melted and caused them not to work. The link is within the wiring leading from the firewall to the radiator support. Which headlight(s) are out? Low beam/high beam/both? Each one is a different wire and has its own fusible link. I then replaced it with a inline fuse and no issues since.
    Thanks for that info 1980coupe, its like this when I pull the headlight knob, all of the lights work except the headlamps themselves. If I turn the high beams on, only the low beam headlamps work.

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

Quote Originally Posted by 804fleetbro View Post
    Thanks for that info 1980coupe, its like this when I pull the headlight knob, all of the lights work except the headlamps themselves. If I turn the high beams on, only the low beam headlamps work.
    It should be the other way, if you're turning high beams on yet your lows are coming on then basically you're actually turning high beams off. One way to be certain is to take a look at center of your dash, do you see a lil blue indicator? If so, that's saying your high beams are on, but are they really?

cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

It's starting to sound more like the high/low switch now. If it was on the floor it would be simple; yours is probably on the column and the switch is mounted on the column.

20140504_162017.jpg
    This is with the headlights turned on.
    20140504_162036.jpg
    and this on is with the hi-beams turned on.

Its hard to see the indicators in the day
    Attached Images

Corey468 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Okay, so just to clarify here, from the pictures it looks like the typical parking lamp and low-beam lights are functioning. As 1980coupe stated, is there a blue light illuminated on the dash when you have the headlight knob pulled all the way out and the turn-signal high-beam stalk, pushed forward? Also, it appears that you have a few bulbs out in your parking lights, the outer ones on both sides. I believe that all of the front parking amber area should be illuminated, like this http://www.mcsmk8.com/80-BRHMB/HR/CARS-21.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Corey468 View Post
    Okay, so just to clarify here, from the pictures it looks like the typical parking lamp and low-beam lights are functioning. As 1980coupe stated, is there a blue light illuminated on the dash when you have the headlight knob pulled all the way out and the turn-signal high-beam stalk, pushed forward? Also, it appears that you have a few bulbs out in your parking lights, the outer ones on both sides. I believe that all of the front parking amber area should be illuminated, like this http://www.mcsmk8.com/80-BRHMB/HR/CARS-21.JPG
    Yes the blue "hi beam" light is illuminated on the dash. As far as the parking lights, they were illuminated also. But I will.check again.

No hi-beam indicator on the dash anymore
    Well thanks everyone who tried to help me, I will be taking the Fleetwood to the shop monday to see if they can determine what's going on. Once again thanks for the help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.