1995 Fleetwood Wipers. Failed delay, Working low with a pause, and high parks. *vid*
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1995 Fleetwood Wipers. Failed delay, Working low with a pause, and high parks. *vid* in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello there. Please refer to the video below. I would like to start off with idea that I have been ...
    AshleyA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood B.

1995 Fleetwood Wipers. Failed delay, Working low with a pause, and high parks. *vid*

Hello there. Please refer to the video below. I would like to start off with idea that I have been around the internet for a few days with this, and the wiper board/pulse modules that everyone replaces looks nothing like mine. I have a flat connector with a different shaped board.

Like the titles says, The delay does not work at all, the "low" setting works but has a strong pause in it half way up the windshield (not a slipping shaft), and in high the wipers keep parking and activating over and over (part of the video).

I believe I have isolated the parking issue, I just dont know if the pull is connected to a relay or something. Please take a peek at the video.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 1995 Fleetwood Wipers. Failed delay, Working low with a pause, and high parks. *v

This must be a tricky one. 53 views and no answers!

Re: 1995 Fleetwood Wipers. Failed delay, Working low with a pause, and high parks. *v

Running a dedicated ground wire did nothing.

I changed the board out with the old one, I now have less issues, like low always works, but everything else is fairly intermittent now, including delay. Washers are completely dead though. Do the washers go through the motor board at all or is it a seperate circuit?

Lots of help here...

rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

The washer circuit goes through the motor head. When you activate washers it turns on the wipers and sends a pulse to the pump for certain amount of time. When the washers stop the motor head keeps the wipers active for certain amount of strokes than applies park the the motor.
    Does your model have Rain sense, the standard wiper motors have a wide flat connector and rain sense have 2 rows and a narrow but thicker plug. Should be the same for your vehicle.
    You need to get a wiring diagram.
    I think you have an intermitant issue with the motor itself, probably a bad contact, posssibly a flaky switch but doubt it.
    The reason you haven't had any responses is most people just R&R... and stop R&R when it starts working again.

I see. I try to keep posting updates as I find new things.

Mine does not have the rain sense. It is a single row connector. Many of the videos and guides I have seen have a squareish plug and a smaller board.

This is a new motor, and having tried both boards in there, the original works the best (but with different issues than with the original motor.)

My next step is to pull the plugs and clean them. When I installed the motor I took both boards and sanded the contacts clean with emery cloth, so I know its not the male end.

I pulled the plug and ran a quick pipe cleaner through it. It now works better. The intermittent will work for a minute or two then go back to a low like setting.

Classic L is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 Concours / 88 Broughm D'el / 76 Coupe D'el

I read your thread a while ago but could not offer any information on the subject. I would like to offer some encouragement and say I'm glad to see you are hanging in there with this and do seem to be making some headway. Don't get discouraged. If you do not have the service manual for your vehicle, it's a good investment, especially if you plan to do whatever work you can yourself. You know what? I have a service manual for my 95 Concours. I'll look in their troubleshooting tree and see if they have anything that seems related to what you are experiencing. Here's hoping to more sunny days than rainy ones in your future anyway!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.