1993 fleetwood brougham RWD 5.7L power steering pump replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1993 fleetwood brougham RWD 5.7L power steering pump replacement in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hey all, I am needing to replace my power steering pump on my 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood brougham 5.7L RWD, I ...
    bigjewc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 cadillac fleetwood brougham

1993 fleetwood brougham RWD 5.7L power steering pump replacement

hey all, I am needing to replace my power steering pump on my 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood brougham 5.7L RWD, I have not attempted
    this repair before, and was hoping that you guys could refer me to a link with some helpful how to tips and directions. I don't want to
    just dive in and end up doing more work then what is required to replace the pump. any and all info and how to guides would be
    greatly appreciated. I have searched the net without finding any helpful guides.

Thank you all for your time

Aaron

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

94FleetwoodBrougham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94fleetwoodbrougham

Re: 1993 fleetwood brougham RWD 5.7L power steering pump replacement

Mines a 1994 and i had to replace mine when i got it but i don't know how different the set up is on the lt1 in my car vs your 350 with the throttle body but ill tell you one thing mine was a bear to change because its under the alternator you got to take that off then the big bracket the pump is bolted to you got to unbolt the pump pull the pump off behind that bracket then unhook the lines which is also fun but i can't remember but i'm pretty sure you got to pull the pulley off the pump before you can pull it out behind the bracket but when you get the new one down in there and get the lines hooked back up the hardest part is over you just have to start putting all of it back together the whole thing is easier said than done but its not impossible i don't know if this will help you or not but i just wanted to share what i went through i learned as i went when i took that off and replaced it on mine but it fixed it and it steers like a brand new one.

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

The pulley has to be pressed off with a power steering pulley puller. Here is a link to a youtube video that shows the tool in use but there are many other videos showing how to use the tool. Just rent one from the parts store. After the pulley is off, everything else should be pretty easy. Power steering fluid is one of the fluids you dont want to get on paint.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grdcRhBfXeY

larryinalabama is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Brougham

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.