Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Just curious how much did you pay for your Fleetwood Brougham

5K views 51 replies 30 participants last post by  Robin Banx 
#1 ·
I'm just curious my was a steal in my book only paid 800.00 bucks for my precious 94 FWB.

#4 ·
I would say mine is in the middle of decent and good shape I mean it isn't no junk pile it's a nice car to tinker with I have to say one thing about them they sure have the power I love that lt1.

----------

Only thing major wrong with it is a rust hole by one of the back wheels and the bumper is bent just a pinch I mean you have to walk up to it to notice it but mine is black with black interior and the millage on it is 195 thousand but I've put about 5 thousand miles on it since I've got it the motor don't leak a drop and it's a strong one to plenty of power but some women owned it so you know it wasn't rough housed but all in all it's a nice car.

#7 ·
3k CAD for my first 94 - Base, metal top, paint a little rough but no surface rust on body, minimal chassis rust for a northern car, chrome intact. On the low end of market value up here.
I'm paying 1.5k CAD for my second 94 - Livery, metal top, V4P. Rougher than my current 94, but tons of potential and my preferred colour combo. Can't wait to get it and have the pair in the driveway. About market value for that one..

#11 ·
My Fleetwood Brougham is an unusual example, due to it actually being a Superior Crown Sovereign funeral coach.

However, when I purchased it, it had to be transported someplace, but the tyres were dry-rotted. My solution was to have whatever wheels had functional tyres (it only had to roll onto a truck, not make a roadtrip) put on the car, expecting that any random fullsize GM wheels would be used.

The factory wheels were put in the back of the car, functional wheels were put on and it was loaded up, to make it's way to my home.

The wheels that were put onto it were gold-plated 24" Daytons.

When I was done transporting the car, I put proper tyres on the original wheels and sold the Daytons, with their tyres on them, for around $1,000 more than I spent on the car.

So in a way, I made $1,000 by buying my car.

#13 ·
$1,100 for my '96. 154k at the time, no rust on the body but it does have a dent on the LR quarter panel. Doesn't affect performance or anything so I'm not concerned. Pretty standard list of options with the Brougham package. Even after some repairs (bent tensioner, oil/trans lines,vacuum lines) it's still a bit under my budget of $2,000.

#14 ·
$1850 for my 1987 Brougham.
Needed a muffler and tail pipe. Also needed rear level control shocks and I replaced the springs too, even though it may not have been needed with the new shocks.

No rust, paint is in need of buffing out. Needed all fillers replaced, but replacements were included with the car. Lots of minor chips, scratches and senior citizen related driving boo-boos. Original owner parked by feel I suspect. Vinyl top looks good, but will need to be scrubbed good and sealed as it is about gone.

Mechanically runs great, still needs to have cruise control and climate control fixed. I have put
It had good tires on it that were the wrong size and white letter, I sold them for $300 and bought proper white wall replacements for them and a full size spare for $477 and paid $110 to have them installed. 3000 miles on it since I purchased it and plan to drive it about 5000 miles this year, including a trip to the CLC Museum opening and show at Gilmore this fall.

#16 ·
$3,400 (tax and title included) for my '89 Brougham d'Elegance with 71,502 original miles on the clock. Put about $1,000 into her the first year (tires and replaced the intake manifold gasket), and oil and coolant leaks have probably cost me double the original purchase price since then. But I've had her for over 7 years now, and I have never had to worry about the engine not starting, or something else breaking that would leave a lesser car dead on the side of the road.

#18 ·
$900 for my 1986 Brougham. Had it detailed and had the carburetor rebuilt due to the TPS but it has been great. The top isn't brand new but it has years left on it. The interior is perfect. It only had 107,000 on it when I bought it. I added about 1,000 miles on it this year. :p I just keep it waxed and the top coated with Aerospace 3000. Oh and the hood ornament was missing so I picked up a new one for $40. My mechanic was surprised when he saw it. He said "it runs really good."
It was bought new by this person's mother. :p

#21 ·
I paid $4,000 for my 1987 Brougham with 44K original miles. Exterior good, fillers all solid, vinyl top excellent, interior excellent. Replaced exhaust within a couple of weeks. Otherwise everything working well except wiper switch, I power antenna, and climate control. Electronics okay on HVAC but heater core sprung a leak today which I've bypassed and A/C doesn't blow cold. After driving for a month she tracks true, runs smooth, and pulling up next to a 1980 Rolls Silver Shadow today who's rear was dragging the ground due to faulty level control, I felt pretty darn good.

#35 ·
I think I paid $3500 for mine. '95 with 70Kish on the clock. Flew to get the car and drove it home. Only thing it needed to pass inspection was front brakes. Still under construction though! This weekend the Impala sway bars go on. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.