Whats your Dream Cadillac Collection
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Whats your Dream Cadillac Collection in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ive had a few Cadillacs in my lifetime. Liked them all but I wish I would have never sold the ...
    larryinalabama is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Brougham

Whats your Dream Cadillac Collection

Ive had a few Cadillacs in my lifetime. Liked them all but I wish I would have never sold the 1979 Fleetwood I had, I loved that car.

So Ive got the "fever" again, my goal or dream collection is a 79 Coupe, which has come true, another 79 Fleetwood, looking but no money yet and hard too find a nice one. 1990-92 Brougham in mint condition, may not be able to get, I have a 90 that will get painted after I finish painting my truck, and its a good car, but its not mint. . And "mabey a RWD Seville, thinking about one of those, not sure, if a deal comes along Ill get one even if its not clean, and see if I like them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AElayyat is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 85 Fleetwood Brougham, 90 Brougham 5.7, 05 Deville DTS
    A 75 fleetwood tailsman
    A 79 coupe deville phenom
    90-92 brougham d'elegance with the 5.7 (got a 90 I would rather have a different color combo than mine but a beggar can't be a chooser)
    A nice 68 coupe deville
    95 or 96 fleetwood brougham
    &
    A 85 fleetwood brougham delegance coupe

Of the 6 listed I got one, so 5 to go for me
    pompste and larryinalabama like this.

silverfox103 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 Fleetwood & 07 CTS, 94 Roadmaster Wgn & 94 Caprice Wgn

Re: Whats your Dream Cadillac Collection

67 Eldorado

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

I know I have posted to this type of thread before. I also know that my answers keep changing as I hang around here longer. I never had a 1987 Brougham on my list, and now I am so in love with the one I bought last year I can't imagine not having one.

I have my #1 dream Cadillac and have to get it completed, my 74 Talisman.
    My 87 will be with me as long as I can keep it running and looking good.

At some point I would like to add a convertible, I would love a 60-64 if a driver quality ever presented itself at a reasonable price. I love the 50's convertibles, but cost of them is above my means and pleasurable driving needs. I also might go Allante for the convertible with them at fire sale prices right now.

I also know someday I will have to have a Series 75. They are just too cool not to experience owning one once in my life. Again, almost any year would be fine. 50's are dreamy, but pricey, early 60's are sleek and cool, and a bit less money. Love the idea of a 71-76 just because of shear mass. 70's and 80's much more reasonable and driver friendly would be cool too.

I have been falling in love with the 71-73 Coupe Deville. I have been actively looking for one with a sunroof. (Secretly hoping I don't find one!) If a good one showed up at the right price I would find a way to have it though. Same goes for a 74-76 CDV with a sunroof.

Once the Talisman is done I would like to find a slightly rough 71-76 to do a full on pimp-mobile on. I grew up dreaming of them and loved my original Talisman which had quite a few of the "period correct urban modifications"!

I really want to preserve that part of the Cadillac history, because it had such a huge impact on me and my love of Cadillac. I know I am in the minority among collectors in that respect, but I view it as the Cadillac equivalent to the Model A and T hot rodder's some years ago. It took a long time for them to be accepted as a valid representation of the brand history. I believe the hobby is richer for their efforts to gain their place amid the straight restorations, and I feel someday Cadillac collectors will view the Pimp-mobiles the same way.

I also somewhere along the way will probably want to have a 76-79 Seville, and a 79-85 Eldorado. I wouldn't pass on a nice hearse either.
    pompste and larryinalabama like this.

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

89 Brougham d'Elegance
    63 Park Avenue
    59 Series 62 4-window sedan
    41 Sixty Special Fleetwood
    74 Coupe de Ville
    68 Fleetwood Brougham
    80-81 Brougham Coupe
    78-79 Miller-Meteor
    75-76 Fleetwood Series 75
    54-56 Sixty Special Fleetwood
    54-56 Series 62 Coupe (hardtop)
    50-53 Sixty Special Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    I know I have posted to this type of thread before. I also know that my answers keep changing as I hang around here longer. I never had a 1987 Brougham on my list, and now I am so in love with the one I bought last year I can't imagine not having one.

I have my #1 dream Cadillac and have to get it completed, my 74 Talisman.
    My 87 will be with me as long as I can keep it running and looking good.

At some point I would like to add a convertible, I would love a 60-64 if a driver quality ever presented itself at a reasonable price. I love the 50's convertibles, but cost of them is above my means and pleasurable driving needs. I also might go Allante for the convertible with them at fire sale prices right now.

I also know someday I will have to have a Series 75. They are just too cool not to experience owning one once in my life. Again, almost any year would be fine. 50's are dreamy, but pricey, early 60's are sleek and cool, and a bit less money. Love the idea of a 71-76 just because of shear mass. 70's and 80's much more reasonable and driver friendly would be cool too.

I have been falling in love with the 71-73 Coupe Deville. I have been actively looking for one with a sunroof. (Secretly hoping I don't find one!) If a good one showed up at the right price I would find a way to have it though. Same goes for a 74-76 CDV with a sunroof.

Once the Talisman is done I would like to find a slightly rough 71-76 to do a full on pimp-mobile on. I grew up dreaming of them and loved my original Talisman which had quite a few of the "period correct urban modifications"!

I really want to preserve that part of the Cadillac history, because it had such a huge impact on me and my love of Cadillac. I know I am in the minority among collectors in that respect, but I view it as the Cadillac equivalent to the Model A and T hot rodder's some years ago. It took a long time for them to be accepted as a valid representation of the brand history. I believe the hobby is richer for their efforts to gain their place amid the straight restorations, and I feel someday Cadillac collectors will view the Pimp-mobiles the same way.

I also somewhere along the way will probably want to have a 76-79 Seville, and a 79-85 Eldorado. I wouldn't pass on a nice hearse either.
    That's a cool post!.

I had a 74 Coupe and a 76 Eldorado, nice cars, but seemed a little hard too park and if remember burn a gallon of fuel every 8 miles. Allente would be cool, Ive seen some super nice low mileage ones for less that 10k, Im talking real nice.

The rate things are going Ill have to hoarse trade some stuff to get the cars I want, Im also thing that 4 or 5 cars might be real hard to take care of.

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE
    Only have 2 at present. But the list will grow as I think about it.
    1979 Seville - Mint of course

1970 coupe coupe de or fleet wood - Mint
    would prefer the coupe deville had one long ago trans went no big deal junk it I said back then, wish I had it now. Lol

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Quote Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
    That's a cool post!.

I had a 74 Coupe and a 76 Eldorado, nice cars, but seemed a little hard too park and if remember burn a gallon of fuel every 8 miles. Allente would be cool, Ive seen some super nice low mileage ones for less that 10k, Im talking real nice.

The rate things are going Ill have to hoarse trade some stuff to get the cars I want, Im also thing that 4 or 5 cars might be real hard to take care of.
    Thanks Larry,
    I have always been rather manic in my car shopping. Where normal people decide what they want and shop for it, I have always decided it was time for a change and looked for a "new experience" in ownership. The only requirement being something I considered "fun" for whatever strange reason.
    I was also always blessed with less money than sense, so it has led to an interesting array of vehicles.
    A rather tenuous grasp of reality has many down-sides, but has been fun in terms of vehicle acquisition!

Guido2014 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS LUXURY II

1949 White with Tan convertible top
    1955 Sedan Deville
    1958 Eldorado convertible [any color]
    1961 Coupe Deville Black and debadged
    1972 Sedan Deville
    2008 DTS Pearl White with Tan top
    guido2014

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Here's mine according to particular order so as to list from the most fave to least
    We already have 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham that's why I am not tallying it up again
    1-1989 Cadillac Brougham D'elegance
    2-1970 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
    3-1968 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
    4-1957 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
    5-1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
    6-1956 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

I believe that's it lol
    pompste likes this.

2manyhotrods is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ETC coupe.

My dream would be a pair of '70 Eldorados, one in San Mateo Red fireminst and the other a Nottingham Green firemist '70 Eldorado.
    Next would be '70 Deville convertibles, green, red, maybe firemist gold, all would have white tops and white interiors.
    Those would be weekend drivers, maybe garage ornaments if I may.
    For a daily driver a 2002 Eldorado, pearl white and I would have a customized interior in all pearl white leather.
    Now for a go to the dump and trips to the lumbar yard Caddy, I need a Cadillac flower car, in black naturally
    with bling 5 spoke alloys and maybe some Vogue rubber. I'm not fussy about year as long as it's all black, laid on the ground and has a cool set of pipes.
    Now I gotta get a building permit and add on to the garage to fit my dreams.
    Classic L likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Thanks Larry,
    I have always been rather manic in my car shopping. Where normal people decide what they want and shop for it, I have always decided it was time for a change and looked for a "new experience" in ownership. The only requirement being something I considered "fun" for whatever strange reason.
    I was also always blessed with less money than sense, so it has led to an interesting array of vehicles.
    A rather tenuous grasp of reality has many down-sides, but has been fun in terms of vehicle acquisition!
    I alaways really liked the looks of the 74-76 Fleetwoods, even before I could drive, Im alaways prone to change my mind and get one. Cars seem to be like girls, and I cant figure why I like eighter one, but somehow that's where all my money seems to wind up.

Theres a beautiful 76 Fleetwood on Craigslist, Ill link in the stickey forumn. Unfortunately I do have limits, but if money were no object I would have listed a lot more cars including a big body Fleetwood, man those things are sweet.

Tedillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood Brougham

My true dream Cadillac collection would be every Cadillac ever made, but I don't think that's going to happen. And as much as I would love to have some V16s, a 41 Sixty Special, and a 57/58 Eldorado Brougham, I don't see those (among many others) ever being in my budget either. That being said, I think it would be cool to have an example of every Fleetwood 'suffix' out there.

1994 Fleetwood Brougham (check!)
    1980-85 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance coupe
    1974 Fleetwood Talisman
    any pre-1971 Fleetwood Series Seventy Five
    1967 Fleetwood Eldorado
    1963 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Then I'd have a CTS-V wagon as my daily driver and a Escalade EXT to tow my Fleetwoods around if necassary.

I'm sure I could find room for some others too

marcaddy612 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac DeVille Base

I have had 19 so far, some better but all were just because I cant get enough! When I was 11(1972) my cousin but a sweet 1966 Cream Coupe De Ville with black "gator" skin vinyl top with black leather interior, dial cruise control, and an am/fm seek radio. It began my love for the cars. My parents would not let me purchase it since I was 11 but could have, since I had the money. Man, I wanted that car, it rode like nothing I had ever been in, even though my dad was a Buick Electra Limited guy and owned new ones every 4 years from 1957 till they stopped making the Park's and he passed in 2001. Now my mother at 85 still drives a Lucerne. But I was, am and always will be a Caddy lover. Have owned two Series 75's,(a 70, black and a 76, white), three FWB, (2 94's, white, and taupe and a 95, lt driftwood) three Eldorado's (an almost perfect 67 grey with a black vinyl top, a 74 El Classico, red with a white top, with a hood and grill so heavy I could hardly lift it, and a 75, white) a 69 Coupe D,navy blue, a 70 Sedan D white with a black vinyl top, a 60 Sedan D all black, 2 Deville Base, 4.9's a 94, crimson, and a 95, shale, and a 99 Concours, black(the only NS that I ever had), a 1987 FWD Fleetwood d'Elegance(black with a black half top and red leather) with the notorious 4.1L(ran it to 140,000 and never once a problem), and a 1972 Fleetwood Brougham Sixty Special(black, with padded black vinyl top, and black leather) a 2006 CTS-V, crimson with light grey interior and a manual, and a 1967 Deville convertible. My dream cars yet to have are a 1974, or 75-76 Talisman, a 1976 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, a 1959 Fleetwood Brougham, a 1960 Fleetwood Brougham, and maybe some day a 1957 Eldorado Brougham. Anyway, maybe someday.....Peace, Mark

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

1979 Cadillac Paris convertible.
    1980 Cadillac Le Cabriolet

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.