1989 Brougham heat and air problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1989 Brougham heat and air problem in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey guys, I have a 1989 Brougham and I do not have any air comming out of my vents when ...
    dman47564 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

1989 Brougham heat and air problem

Hey guys, I have a 1989 Brougham and I do not have any air comming out of my vents when I turn on my air conditioner or heater. Can someone tell me what is going on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: 1989 Brougham heat and air problem

You have a vacuum hose off most likely. Lack of vacuum would direct all the air thru the defroster vents. Find the vacuum source hose under hood at the intake manifold and see if its off or split.

j2rossit is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 FW Brougham, 68 Wildcat 'vert, 92 & 96 Roadmaster Wagons

Is the blower motor running?

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

In order for the A/C or heat to come on, the temperature set on the ECC needs to be above/below the outside and inside temperature; also the heat will not come on until the engine has reached 150°.

An easy way to test the system is to put the temperature at either 60° or 90° AUTO, and the blower will default to HI regardless of the inside or outside temperature. In some cases, the ECC will not automatically turn on the blower when the engine reaches operating temp (this can be caused by a broken wire or a malfunctioning programmer) and to get the blower to turn on, you need to hit DEF then AUTO, and the air come out right vents (for either heat or A/C) and the blower will automatically adjust to the temperature set on the ECC.

If the blower doesn't turn on when the ECC is set to DEF, check the blower to make sure it is grounded and plugged into the power module (located near the passenger side fire wall). If it is grounded and plugged in, then replace the blower motor. If the replacement blower motor doesn't work, replace the power module.

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Great instructions but I would run a test wire from the battery positive post to the blower to verify it works first. But..............we still dont know if its a blower or vacuum problem because the poster hasn't replied.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.