1994 Fleetwood Brougham
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1994 Fleetwood Brougham in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have owned two of the last RWD Cadillac Fleetwoods and several older models including a 1960 Sedan DeVille, a ...
    marcaddy612 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac DeVille Base

1994 Fleetwood Brougham

I have owned two of the last RWD Cadillac Fleetwoods and several older models including a 1960 Sedan DeVille, a 1970 Series 75 Sedan, a 1976 Series 75 Sedan, a 1967 Eldorado, a 1967 Deville convertible, a 1974 Eldorado El Classico, a 1970 Sedan DeVille, a 1969 Coupe DeVille, and a 1972 Fleetwood Sixty Special. The two of the last RWD Fleetwoods I owned were a 1994 Fleetwood Brougham and a 1995 Fleetwood Brougham.

The 1994 I owned had the towing package option and got very good mileage. The 1995 also had the towing package and also got very good mileage.

I just purchased a 1994 Fleetwood Brougham with 27,127 miles from an estate of a 100-year old lady who was the sole owner of the vehicle and who I knew. I am going to get the vehicle next week.

My question is: If it does not have the towing package, will it get approximately the same mileage as the two previous ones I owned that had the towing package.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance
    Without the towing package the mileage will exceed the toy ota prius.
    talismandave likes this.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: 1994 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    Without the towing package the mileage will exceed the toy ota prius.
    Yup. You will want to add the towing pkg after-factory just to avoid the annoyance of having to stop every 400 miles to siphon excess gas out of the tank!

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Last gear ratio is different in the cars with the towing package and if it does make any difference in fuel mileage yup it makes lol
    You probably know but just in case a reminder towing package cars also came with mechanical fans as opposed to non towing cars' electrical fans .I don't know if you wanna convert it as well

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

You should see a slight increase on the highway without the towing package. If when you drive it you don't like the mushiness of the regular suspension, there are some good threads on these forums about how to convert to the FE2 suspension found in the towing package cars.

Thank you to all of you who took the time to respond. The car is so immaculate and so totally original that I will live with whatever the minor differences are, at least for now! I believe with the price I paid and the price it can command if I keep it original-- this fact alone could possibly outweigh modifications. The first 94 I owned had the gold/chrome nose, gold package, sim-con roof, and a pin-stripe that was signed by the pinstriper, and an after-market sunroof which did eventually cause problems, and I think was a dealer-applied package. It also had the same wheels as this one which are the alloy version, not the upgraded chrome version, so I did replace the wheels with cadillac spokes with some gold on them as well. However, it was white with a light sim-con top and it did look flashy. But even replacing the wheels, even though the others were the exact size changed the handling. Yet it was a solid 25mpg car at 70mph cruising. The second one, the 95 was modified somewhat with replacement muffler system and a k and n air flow system and lower profile tires and aftermarket rims and some suspension changes done by the former owner including modifying the leveling system. It also had the windows darkened. Dont know if that effects resale or not, but I loved them both for different reasons. The replacement muffler system made it rumble more and that was cool. However, this one is so pristine that I am very tempted to just keep it that way for collector reasons. Anyway, we will see. I do like modifications within reason, but also like the original collector type too. Guess it depends on my future with it. Any other suggestions by all of you who know more than I do are greatly appreciated! Thanks, Mark

cadillacmike68 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

The only change I would make is to replace that too-small hood ornament with one from a 1988-1992 Brougham. It will fit, you just need to cut a rubber gasket to fit the different shaped base of the different ornament.

These 3 years (1994-1996) represent the best development of the Fleetwoods. I have a 1996 Brougham and used to have a 1995 Brougham. Awesome cars.

And you don't need the towing package to tow up to 5,000 lbs, if you have the Brougham package. That came with extra capacity cooling, oil and transmission coolers, a 2.9:1 differential, and larger electric fans than the base model. The only things added to a Brougham with the towing package are the engine driven fan, the 3.4:1 ratio differential and heavy duty rear brakes (wider drums & shoes). I have no problems towing my boat with the 1995 & the 1996.
    Cadillacboy and pompste like this.

Hello and thank you for all responding to my messages. I picked up the 1994 Fleetwood Brougham with 27xxx miles and drove it from Little Rock to Kansas City the first night, and the second day from Kansas City to Minneapolis. The drive was almost entirely interstate and was completely dry the entire route which was perfect since the car has never been in salt conditions, and if anyone has ever been to Minnesota in the winter, especially the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area, you will know that in winter it is like the Bonneville Salt Flats regarding salt and chemicals poured on the roadways. I put the car in underground heated storage and it will not come out until the roads are clear, which could be April this year! Anyway, my question is regarding the heat the car puts out. The weather in Little Rock was a balmy 55 and was able to test the A/C and that and the Climate Control System worked, although it may need a recharging since it has been sitting for at least a year and a half. However as I traveled north and arrived in Kansas City, the temperature dropped to 14 the morning I left and continued to drop until I reached Minneapolis where it was -1 when I pulled in the garage. The heater on the Auto or Econ settings did not blow hot air, although the former owners had had the radiator flushed before I purchased it and whenever I stopped I would check for any leakages and there were none of any kind. My question is, what is causing the car to not put out hot air even on the 90 degree setting? Is it the heater core, a thermostat issue, the dash sensor issue or some other issue I am not versed in? The car had never been in temps below 15 and I am sure the heating system worked well in Arkansas. I do not plan using it in Minnesota winters but am looking for help to discover why the heating air was only lukewarm. Thank you for any help any of you who know more than I do can give me, Mark

You DID have on AUTO - right?? And the temp around 75? Were you freezing your a$$ off in the car?

Unless there is a physical item such as a clogged heater core or malfunctioning control valve, then it is your climate control unit acting up.

It really should be labeled Psychotic Climate Control instead of electronic Climate Control. Mine acts up once in a while as well

I tried both ECON and AUTO and it may have been acting up. Was wondering if the high sun angle could have been affecting the dash sensor or if that was dirty from sitting so long? It works correctly but just was not heating as it should. I live in Minnesota and know how they are supposed to work in the winter. The 1995 DeVille which I own which has 61000 orig. and is a Minnesota car heats properly, although I don't know if the two systems match up as far as the way the operate. I did have this problem once on a 1995 Fleetwood in very cold weather, (below zero) and otherwise the problem never occurred on that particular vehicle and it's climate control worked well. So I guess we will see. In Arkansas and Missouri the temps were much milder and the system switched to cooling from the warm sun shining in, but as I got further north into Missouri and night came on, it just was not heating properly and temps were approaching the low 20's when I shut the vehicle off. One thing I have noticed is that one of the bolts? that connect the firewall to the cab are loose and there is a crack. Dont know if that would effect things or not but it def needs fixing. Anyway it is so brutal here right now that the car will not be leaving underground heated storage until at least April and then I will be able to do some more research. Thank you again for your post! mark

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

The dash sensor is only for lighting, nothing to do with HVAC. Your issue is either low coolant, stuck thermostat, clogged heater core, or malfunctioning blend door. All very easy to diagnose.

Thank you for the advice I was reading the book last night and I thought that there was a sensor somewhere for the climate control but will re-read that part and thank you again for the information, it is not the coolant because that was just flushed and is at proper level, however when spring does finally come to Minneapolis I will have either the heater core, the thermostat, or the blend door checked out as well as a test on the refrigerant levels. Thanks again, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
    The dash sensor is only for lighting, nothing to do with HVAC. Your issue is either low coolant, stuck thermostat, clogged heater core, or malfunctioning blend door. All very easy to diagnose.
    There is a sun load sensor in the 93 & up Fleetwoods. It's in the left side of the windshield defroster grille in the upper trim pad, close to the windshield. It can alter (lower) the Climate Control's temperature setting by as much as 3 degrees F.

Today I took the car(94FWB) out of storage to put a little gas in the tank since it is so cold and the roads were dry, and again the climate control system is blowing and working correctly but very little air comes out. (In Arkansas where I picked up the car it was 57 degrees and the A/C functioned correctly, but may need recharging because it was not super cold, but would it be super cold at an outside temperature of 57?) The coolant level is perfect, just flushed and does not leak. So just wondering about your other pieces of advice: stuck thermostat? clogged heater core? or malfunctioning blend door?. But I am just not sure what the blend door is? Sorry for being so ignorant. I do know about the thermostat and when spring finally comes here in minneapolis could replace that and I know about clogged heater core and could have that taken care of, any more advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you, peace, Mark

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Mark, check the FAQ, go into the HVAC diagnostics, go to the coolant temp, and let the car fully warm up and see what the value is. While you are at it, once the car is hot, feel both heater core hoses. They should both be hot. If not, plugged core.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.