91 Brougham, how to tighten power mirror?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 91 Brougham, how to tighten power mirror? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have a question about my 91 Brougham. The mirror housing on my ...
    Tolk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Brougham

91 Brougham, how to tighten power mirror?

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have a question about my 91 Brougham.
    The mirror housing on my drivers side mirror has been gradually getting looser.
    I can't seem to figure out how to tighten it up.
    If I point the mirror as far up as it goes I can see a couple screws but can't figure out how to get to them.
    Is there a way to pop the mirror out without damaging it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: 91 Brougham, how to tighten power mirror?

I've tightened up a few of these chrome mirror housings. I force the mirror lens in at the bottom and while holding it in, use a small phillips screwdriver at an angle. Yes you can pop the lens off but it requires a bit of talent. There are four pins that engage in the mirror motor pivot head (assuming its an electric mirror ) and it will sound like you broke the mirror when it pops off! try it on a wreck first. If you get the lens off, use blue Locktite on the screws.

Thanks carnut, I'll try it that way in the morning. I really don't want to pop the mirror off, its power and heated

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Because its heated, there is a tiny wire harness hooked to the glass, easily broken.

Well that was a project. The screws I needed to tighten were the two holding the housing to the arm. Was no way to get to them as the motor was in the way. Ended up taking out the 3 screws that I believe you were talking about and removing the whole mirror/motor assembly which was pretty quick and simple. Putting it all back together on the other hand... I think I would rather change ball joints haha. Managed to get two of the screws back in. Going to need to get creative with the third one.
    Didn't dare try and pop the mirror off the motor ...23 year old plastic and all

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.