Cadillac Owners Forum banner

RE: WTB 1977 to 1984 Cadillac Factory Fleetwood Limousine

47K views 231 replies 22 participants last post by  Jastrid 
#1 · (Edited)
RE: WTB 1977 to 1984 Cadillac Factory Fleetwood Limousine

'm a longtime Cadillac owner, currently drive a DTS.

I recently retired and am starting a search for a 1980-1985 Base Fleetwood Limosuine. I need to be educated, so I know what to look for and then to know where to look. Tthe reason I'm looking for a base model is so it will fit into my garage. I understand base models have a shorter wheelbase. I'll need to know the length of the vehicle bumper to bumper.

A friend mentioned to me that this era had only 8/6/4 Variable engines that operated at different cylinders levels depending on how fast one went. Any truth to this? I understand this type engine is very difficult to maintain and care for?

I would really like to find a blue paint with blue vinyl type vehicle with the opera window.

I'm hoping you can help me. I just started to use the forum.

Any help is appreciated.

Bucky Barbour

See less See more
#144 ·
#147 ·
Re: WTB 1977 to 1984 Cadillac Factory Fleetwood Limousine

I emailed the Napa County seller a few times and never rec'd a response.

----------

Interior Color and Carpeting. If the interior on 77-84 is blue in color wouldn't the carpeting be the same color? Or were all black carpet?

#155 ·

I'm still trying to find a member near West End, NC and rec'd the following email from the seller today, what's you take?

"I had some of my mechanics listen to the caddy engine today and they said it was just a light valve lifter tick............they said it may just need adjustment.....I'm not an engine mechanic so I don't know.but it runs fine and does not smoke. I thought it was an exhaust donut gasket leak but they said no.

I may not have mentioned that I have an extra 425 caddy engine you can have if you want it. It ran when pulled if you wanted it for spare parts.

They said it probably just needs to be driven more...........all old cars get fickle when they sit as I am sure you well know.........heck, so do we!

Hope you have some luck finding a caddy man to come and take a look..."

Buvky

#158 ·

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/4376509566.html
One I found while cruising the web. It doesn't look bad but it isn't exactly cheap either. :p

Its in California, has a swapped Eldorado engine/drive train, had a bar in it that has been removed, been for sale since last summer and asking price is unreasonable for such a car. I talked to owner a month ago.

Thanks for keeping an eye out there!

bucky

#162 ·

I haven't rec'd any feed back on questions I emailed to seller of 79 In NC. I've sent 2 emails now. Seller of 83 Gray did get back to me and said he thinks the entire vinyl roof and padding needs to be replaced, car was painted gray over original silver, AC/Heat haven't worked for some time and car hasn't been started in a while, sounds like a lot of work on this one.

Like you all told me, its a process that takes time.

#164 ·

It is the right year and color. It does have 163,000 miles on it and is in California. I'd be afraid to take a chance on a car with so many miles so far away. Thanks for the post, I feel closer to finding the right car.

#176 ·

I appreciate your keeping an eye out for me. I get more experienced every day with the help I have received here. It may take a month or a year, but I feel confident I'll end up with the right car.
Well, it took me one year and two months to find just the right limousine I wanted (a '76 with black exterior & interior, black leather front seat and black crushed velour rear seat and rear radio controls).

#174 ·

I appreciate your lead. This car has been posted on other sites for a while now. It has 164,000 miles on it with lots of concerns that were mentioned on other sites and not on ebay. It appears the seller has come to a conclusion, auction it on ebay and take what he can. Again I appreciate the lead and will watch ebay to see what he gets.

#175 ·

Man.... I almost wish I never read this thread:bonkers: When I was looking for a 1st gen Seville, I almost bought one from a guy that drives limos as his personal cars. He's into the Sevilles and limos hard core and I've stayed in touch with him over these last couple years. Loves to show pics of his cars. He's got a 79 limo and an 82. They both look so sharp. He's had others and recently bought a 2001. Now, I'm not sure if the 79 and 82 are non formal, but what sharp rides. Then I saw the green 77 limo in this thread! I love 77s ever since the late eighties when my man had a 77 Sedan Deville, brown with the tan top. Lately I've been thinking of getting a 77 Sedan Deville for short money, just to play with and enjoy that 425. Though I really prefer Broughams over Sedan Devilles, a limo might be just the ticket! As if I really needed to add another Caddy (and bigger one at that) to my list. I'm going to have to buy a piece of land, and build a garage with an apartment above it and live there, or move into a barn with a loft, or a fire station.:rolleyes: ....:hmm:why couldn't I be happy with one, or two even? Why do I want five or seven?

#179 ·

Yes, 23'6" is long enough to house any factory Cadillac limousine. I just remembered a friend (but whom I've only seen/talked to about 5 times) that had his black 1980 formal limousine up for sale in 2008. I found the old ad... 87,000 miles, black exterior and interior (no vinyl roof), black leather front seat and black cloth rear seat. His asking price was kind of high... $9,500. As far as I know, he still has it. Car is in Montrose, about 15 miles north of Los Angeles.

I know you want a blue one. Yes, good idea to be patient. The right one should show up eventually.

#186 ·

Finally talked to owner of this vehicle! Owner "Things have changed, my buddy was driving the car hard and blew the engine, we are now selling it 'as is' for $750.00" I'm not interested in it any longer, but thought I would pass this along.

I HAVE LOCATED ANOTHER PROSPECT 40 MILES SOUTH OF ATLANTA, GA, NEAR ZEPPLIN ON HI-WAY 19. IS ANYONE LOCATED CLOSE TO THIS SITE, WHO COULD LOOK AT CAR FOR ME? ANY CONSIDERATION IS APPRECIATED.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.