RE: WTB 1977 to 1984 Cadillac Factory Fleetwood Limousine - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, RE: WTB 1977 to 1984 Cadillac Factory Fleetwood Limousine in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The Good News - We had 20 inches of snow here in Green Hills, PA and after moving all the ...
    Bucky Barbour is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Deville DTS

re: RE: WTB 1977 to 1984 Cadillac Factory Fleetwood Limousine

The Good News - We had 20 inches of snow here in Green Hills, PA and after moving all the snow removal equipment around in my garage, the exact length of the garage is 23 ft. 7 inches. With the help of Talismandave, here on the forum, I found that the 1980 Fleetwood limousine is actually 244.1 inches long (20 ft. 4 inches) long. So, I'm in luck, a factory production will fit.

The Continuing News - I've searched several sites and have yet to find one for sale. I'm in no hurry, will be patient, finding the right vehicle is important to me. It doesn't have to be a museum 5 star, a nice drivable 3 star will do.

Thanks to Jaysoldschool for the great picture, it represents the exact vehicle I'm looking for, right down to the color. Just a really nice picture.

Please keep your thoughts and recommendations coming, without you I'd be lost.

Bucky Barour

Thanks Bro-Ham! I have never driven a 1980-84 Fleetwood limousine. I'm committed to being patient and finding the right one to drive. Thanks again, any future data is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    Factory limousines were made in house by Cadillac. Only the stretch limos were sent away for modifications post production.

They are great cars and with the long wheelbase they ride like velvet. Have you driven one? They are nice to drive as a regular car and even more fun to ride in back.

----------

Cadillac dropped the "Seventy-Five" designation after 1976 but brought back the name in 1985 for the front wheel drive version of the new style limousine.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

I have a thought/question. Did the factory limo keep the 368 for all years, or did it get the 4100 in 82? I believe it's the former, not the latter. I do know that many aftermarket stretch cars used the 4100 (which seems crazy).

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

I did find the attached vehicle, looks and sounds nice. The only problem its 3,000 miles away.

http://car.mitula.us/detalle/952/996...wood-limousine

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    The first car you posted is a Cadillac factory produced limousine as the gentleman seeks. The 2nd and 3rd are stretch limos done by independent coachbuilders.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
    I have a thought/question. Did the factory limo keep the 368 for all years, or did it get the 4100 in 82? I believe it's the former, not the latter. I do know that many aftermarket stretch cars used the 4100 (which seems crazy).
    Cadillac installed the 368/V8-6-4 from 1981 through 1984 on the factory produced limousines.

It seems crazy that Cadillac used the 4100 in the regular cars in the first place.

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    The first car you posted is a Cadillac factory produced limousine as the gentleman seeks. The 2nd and 3rd are stretch limos done by independent coachbuilders.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Quite right. I didn't look close enough I guess.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Barbour View Post
    I did find the attached vehicle, looks and sounds nice. The only problem its 3,000 miles away.

http://car.mitula.us/detalle/952/996...wood-limousine
    400 miles south of me.

Jaysoldschool sent me a picture of the factory Limo I'm looking for and in the exact color combination I'm looking for. Does anybody know what color paint and vinyl top are? Also what other colors were available for factory limos 1980-1984. The only colors I've seen in pictures are this color blue and black. I'm really, really partial to this color blue, what is it?

Still looking here in Reading, PA.

Bucky

All the paint codes are in our FAQ at the top of this section. I'll guess... 29 Twilight Blue (dark)

11 Cotillion White
    16 Sterling Silver
    19 Sable Black
    21 Steel Blue (light)
    29 Twilight Blue (dark)
    31 Neptune Aqua
    35 Waxberry Yellow
    44 Seaspray Green (light, non-metallic)
    55 Burnished Oak
    61 Sandstone
    69 Briarwood Brown (dark)
    76 Bordeaux Red (dark)
    89 Norfolk Gray (light, non-metallic)
    78 Saxony Red (Eldorado only)
    36 Sierra Gold (Not available on Eldorado and Seville)
    32 Pepper Green (Not available on Eldorado and Seville)
    22 Superior Blue (medium, Available on Eldorado and Seville only)
    90 Azure Blue Firemist (light blue/gray)
    91 Desert Sand Firemist
    92 Victorian Plum Firemist
    94 Sheffield Gray Firemist (medium)
    96 Jadestone Firemist
    97 Doeskin Firemist
    99 Mulberry Gray Firemist (Seville only)

^^^^^ Go to about the second or third page of the "sticky" thread on paint colors to see the actual color chips.

The popular dark blue limousine color in 1983-84 was #27 Hatteras Blue.

I have also spotted 1980-84 factory limousines in gray, maroon, silver, white, and probably others I may be able to recall after a few drinks during today's cocktail hour.

If you're into factory (and other) limos from the 80s, check out episodes of Miami Vice. I've got the box set, and it is a gold mine for 80s Cadillacs. The rest of the automotive eye candy is pretty good, too!

http://www.imcdb.org/movie_86759-Miami-Vice.html

Quote Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
    If you're into factory (and other) limos from the 80s, check out episodes of Miami Vice. I've got the box set, and it is a gold mine for 80s Cadillacs. The rest of the automotive eye candy is pretty good, too!

http://www.imcdb.org/movie_86759-Miami-Vice.html
    I watched that show every week back in the day...great cars indeed
    talismandave likes this.

Once again, I would like to thank everyone who has provided literature, etc.

I really like the 1980-1984 Fleetwood limousines in those dark blue colors. I now find that 1978 and 1979's look very similar. I don't like the 1977 models (taill lights, etc). I have a few questions on the differences between the 1980-1984 and 1978-79 models. 1) The 1978-1979's had 425 CI V8 and the 1980-1984 had the 8/6/4 Variable engines, what are the differences, which engine is more reliable, dependable and easier to work on? 2) The 1980-84 and 1978-79 exterior bodies look very similar with exception of the 1978-79 front hoods looking more recessed, is this my imagination or are they exactly the same? I did notice the 1980-84's have the opera lights behind the opera windows. I would very much like to include the 1978-79's in my search but want to be sure the extereior bodies are the same as the 1980-84 models. Also the differences in engines is of concern. any response is truly appreciated.

I have found a few 1980-84's available for sale but they are located several thousand miles away. Will continue to search and will post a wanted to buy ad in the next issue of Antique Automobile Club of America's magazine. I'll be patient and am looking forward to driving and eventually owning the right vehicle.

Bucky Barbour

bigm57ict is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1979 Coupe deVille

The '77-'79 bodies look very similar to the '80's bodies. However, they are actually completely different.

You mentioned the hood difference. You are correct, the '80's hood has more of a slope to it. Of course very different headlight configuration and grill goes with that.
    The trunk lid is a big difference, too.
    Taillights are different, front bumper, etc...

I would definitely lean toward the 425, myself. Besides being simpler than the V8-6-4, it will have more power.

The 1978 and 1979 with the 425 is a rock solid choice. The 1980 with the 368 carb is good too. I would personally shy away from 1981-84 since I am not a believer in the V8-6-4 after owning one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.