RE: WTB 1977 to 1984 Cadillac Factory Fleetwood Limousine - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, RE: WTB 1977 to 1984 Cadillac Factory Fleetwood Limousine in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by jamespowers http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...426501490.html Looks interesting. Still trying to make contact with this prospect but without much luck. Will ...
    Bucky Barbour is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Deville DTS

Re: WTB 1977 to 1984 Cadillac Factory Fleetwood Limousine

Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    Still trying to make contact with this prospect but without much luck. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again for the lead.

82CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Fleetwood Brougham

Great thread.

Wondering if there is a VIN code to designate the factory cars? Maybe even differentiate between base and formal?

Quote Originally Posted by 82CDV View Post
    Great thread.

Wondering if there is a VIN code to designate the factory cars? Maybe even differentiate between base and formal?
    I'm not sure. I have seen many more Limousines (non divider) than Formal Limousines (divider). I'm looking for a Limousine (non divider).

pogosonic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 84 Fleetwood Formal Limo & Ten 2014 Escalade ESV's Extended

Hello All, I am very new to the Forum. I purchased this 1984 Fleetwood About 4 years ago with 98,000 miles from Clearwater Fl. Drove it to NYC in 16.5 Hours, solid car. Little by little I have worked on this old gal mostly engine, brakes suspension. Everything works perfectly, all four power windows,the two opera lights in the back. Finding the 30 spoke Cragar's with Cadillac center caps was no easy trick, spare is also a Cragar 30 spoke. Get the best looks cruising around the city, so much fun!! Second wheel set with Cadillac Crest Hubcaps. I have the original 1983 Sales receipt. Originally purchased in Clearwater stayed there all its life, at least that's where I found her.

I know I will be kicking myself, but I will consider selling her..............wait my upper lip started trembling!!! However the numbers that have been mentioned, well........ just seem OK. I might do better keeping this car in NYC.

Anyway nice meeting all of you, I have probably broken tons of posting rules..... Forgive........ I only joined up yesterday. I got excited when I read my car was so sought after by such a knowledgeable group of fine Cadillac aficionados.

20140512_075102 (800x450).jpg
    Attached Images

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance
    Mr. Bucky Barbour: Please make sure this gentleman is not a pimp. :-)

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    Mr. Bucky Barbour: Please make sure this gentleman is not a pimp. :-)
    Who cares!
    If it looks that good, just make sure he includes the fur hat and coat in the deal!

pogosonic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 84 Fleetwood Formal Limo & Ten 2014 Escalade ESV's Extended

You Know I am, cause I got what you NEEEEEEEDS!!!!!!! LOL No time for the full history now. But soon. Goodnight ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz
    talismandave likes this.

Really nice! Car sits up nice and high, air shocks?

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post

Who cares!
    If it looks that good, just make sure he includes the fur hat and coat in the deal!
    Think big and ask for a free rental in addition to the accessories.

My earlier comment was made with tongue in cheek, maybe I should also say cocktail in cheek - completely did myself in yesterday on hurricanes here in New Orleans.

Can't wait to hear the story of this car, sounds like a very enthusiastic owner!
    talismandave likes this.

limo1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1985 Fleetwood 75

Quote Originally Posted by 82CDV View Post
    Great thread.

I have an 85 and the Vin code has a series designator in the Vin Digits 567 shows H23 designated Fleetwood limousine(FWD) if digits were a commercial chassis it would show Z90
    I think on the earlier years it would be similar.
    My car there were only 405 produced and of that only some formals I think this is a option code as it includes partition and rear AC/heater in trunk with a rear AC heater control console setup.
    the non formal still has a control in rear but it operates the front controls in parallel remotely, as well as the radio that allows channel selection AM/FM selection remote on/off volume and left right balance, Fade is preset to fade forward. no fade control.
    The plant of MFG. Vin digit 11 Assembly plant shows 4= Orion MI and I think the body was assembled at Fisher Plant 21 in Detroit now shuttered and owned by city. I guess GM walked away.
    I suspect the cars was put together using a Fleetwood 4 door cut behind front door pillar with a back end of a two door coupe welded on just behind 4 door front doors if you look at the vinyl roof on the limo
    if there is morning due can almost see the outline of the sun roof cutout from the 2 door coupe just behind the front doors on the limo. underneath there is extra support rails welded onto the floor to reinforce the floor.
    the back doors have fiberglass panels. so they are custom made. for the limos.
    This car wheelbase is 134.4 inches the commercial chassis is 146.3 inches I think that is what the couch builders purchased.
    Fisher plant 21 below:
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by limo1 View Post

I have an 85 ...Fleetwood limousine(FWD) ...My car there were only 405 produced and of that only some formals I think this is a option code as it includes partition and rear AC/heater in trunk with a rear AC heater control console setup.
    the non formal still has a control in rear but it operates the front controls in parallel remotely, as well as the radio that allows channel selection AM/FM selection remote on/off volume and left right balance, Fade is preset to fade forward. no fade control...
    I am pretry sure rear compartment climate and radio control setups were the same for formal and non-formal factory produced limousines from 1977 forward. Correct me if I am wrong; I believe 1976 was the last year Cadillac had a completely separate rear seat AC unit which was housed in the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    I am pretty sure rear compartment climate and radio control setups were the same for formal and non-formal factory produced limousines from 1977 forward. Correct me if I am wrong; I believe 1976 was the last year Cadillac had a completely separate rear seat AC unit which was housed in the trunk.
    My electrical diagram shows a complete rear blower assembly with vacuum actuated heat port bottom and AC ports side quarter panels so it has a full rear unit this is 85 and 86 seventy five formals.
    See diagram below:
    Attached Images

My electrical diagram shows a complete rear blower assembly with vacuum actuated heat port bottom and AC ports side quarter panels so it has a full rear unit this is 85 and 86 seventy five formals.
    See diagram below:
    The front drive 1985 Seventy-Five Formal as you indicate has a separate blower as part of the "full rear unit" you describe but is there a separate AC compressor for the rear?

No separate ac compressor they run the second evaporator in parallel off the front compressor. If you look at motor bays of formals you can see the return suction line coming back from the rear evaporator unit.

No separate ac compressor...
    That is why I questioned your description "full rear unit." What exactly was in the trunk of 1976 and earlier limousines related to rear climate control and is it different from what is being described on the 1985+ Seventy-Five?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.