Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pride of Ownership

2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  larryinalabama 
#1 · (Edited)
I drove my new to me 79 Coupe to the Beer store this morning. I ran into a older feller with a late model Deville, my car was in much better shape, the man could help but stare at it. :)

#10 ·
Drinking a beer right now, pretty tasty - UFO White from Harpoon Brewery of Boston, tastes like a Blue Moon Belgian White - anyway, the 79 Colonial Yellow deVille is positioned below with more than an occasional tourist going out of their way to spend time looking it over. So different from all the modern bubbles of boringness that are everywhere in white, gray, black, or that certain shade of red that every car comes in. :)

#11 ·
Drinking a beer right now, 79 deVille positioned below with more than an occasional tourist going out of their way to spend time looking it over. So different from all the modern bubbles of boringness. :)
Open the trunk and they will nearly faint at all the room in there. :p
It happens to me every time I open the trunk at a store parking lot to put in groceries/beer. :p

#20 ·
And I thought $3,000 was a good deal. What is it with all these cars online on classic car sites and eBay with $5-8,000.00 price tags and a lot of them aren't as well preserved as mine??

----------

I am waiting for people to stare at my new vehicle. The sun has been shrouded in clouds and it is very cold here. When the sun comes out and all that chrome is glittering I better get some looks! I am very proud of my old Cadillac fetish. I bought a new Honda Civic in September, and I love it but regret not having a bigger car. The Civic is full of technology and is a peppy, fun car. The Cadillac is fun in a completely different way and certainly cossets one in luxurious comfort. The pillared Cadillacs post 1977 seem to be a lot quieter than my hardtop Sedan deVille.

#21 ·
I may have paid too much for my 79 coupe, however its super nice with 67k documented miles.

I think the whole deal is that there isnt 25 real nice 77-79 Cadis that come up for sale in a year for the entire country. Most 35 year old cars have been basterdized at some point in their life. Personally I thinks its cheaper to buy a original car than it is to restore a car.

Good too see a Bama feller in here

#23 ·
That's one sweet car! Is the mileage verifiable? If it is you stole that car for that price. I paid 6000 for mine and I am THRILLED to have the car.

I have a old truck to paint, then my 1990 is scheduled to get some major restoration. Problem is that even with me doing most of the work Ill be buried upside down in the car. I figure the chrome work is gonna be over 2k and the paint is gonna cost me over 400$, hood and trunk emblems 200$, seat bottoms don't know yet <may not do them there not that bad>, it all adds up real fast. Plus its a hassle to get trim parts and sometimes you simply cant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.