Fisher Price Traction control on Fleetwood Broughams
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Fisher Price Traction control on Fleetwood Broughams in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I've been meaning to write this for a long time but I never remember. My '95 ETC had traction control ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Fisher Price Traction control on Fleetwood Broughams

I've been meaning to write this for a long time but I never remember. My '95 ETC had traction control and I never had a problem taking-off like I do with my '95 FWB... If I'm merging onto a major highway from a ramp - and it's rush-hour - it's nearly impossible unless I turn off traction control. If traction control is on, I hit the gas hard and just bog around doing 0-60 in what feels like 10 minutes..

So is this Fisher Price traction control? Or what?
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

toomanytoyz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTSV 500rwhp, 96 FTS-V T56 previously, 95 T56 Impala SS
    ...cheap tires.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Fisher Price Traction control on Fleetwood Broughams

You're right Sal, it does SUCK! The issue is processing power and the actual way in which the system works. The Northstar system is FAR SUPERIOR in that respect.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Nope, the tires are good. It's the 'system', Like Kevin mentioned. I didn't realize the Northstar actually had to do with that. heh. Silly me.. Anyhow - it DOES make a huge difference.. Strangely enough, even my girlfriend's Volkswagen Passat feels pretty good - I guess technology as a whole is a bit lacking in the Fleetwood. BUT - that's part of the reason I bought it. Inexpensive maintenance.. So I shouldn't complain..

Thanks...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Yep, that's right. The Fleetwood IS stone-age technology compared to the newer Northstar-equipped cars, but that IS it's strong point. Simple, effective, durable design.

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
    I know, I hate it too on our '93. I know the tires probably aren't the greatest for traction (though there's still a lot of tread left), but the TC just seems like a useless toy. It happens quite often when accelerating from a stop, even if I'm very lightly applying the gas. More often in the wet, too, but the stupid thing came on twice within a couple of seconds this morning and "shoved" my foot back (I hate that!!) as the car sounded as if it was on ice. However, I was on a bone dry road and barely hit the pedal.

The "archaic" ABS also sometimes annoys me. I know it's usual to feel some vibration or pulsing when it kicks in, but the system on this car shakes the whole car pretty violently if the wheel is going to lock up. Stops very short and quick though, so it doesn't anger me like the TC! Actually, I love the brakes on the Fleetwood. They're head and shoulders above the crap on our Avalanche (like pressing an old worn-out sponge to the floor with very little stopping power). The Caddy's are very strong and quick stopping, except for the annoying squeal it's had ever since the new "top-quality and most expensive" brake pads were installed by the mechanic. I think they may be ceramic, because there isn't that much dust but they always squeal!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.