Off topic: Got something bigger than Bigwood
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Off topic: Got something bigger than Bigwood in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I haven't abandoned my Fleetwood stretch, but the one thing it was lacking was a bathroom. I give you Eagle ...
    turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Off topic: Got something bigger than Bigwood

I haven't abandoned my Fleetwood stretch, but the one thing it was lacking was a bathroom.

I give you Eagle 5:

I bought it for $150 plus a $150 tow to my house. Needs a 454, which I'm picking up on Sunday.

Everything works - generator, both A/C units, both furnaces, plumbing, etc. And it has a toilet.

I had toyed with the idea of putting my spare LT1 in it but the 454 is such a brute I want to build one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    NICE find!!!

...And coincidental timing, I just started watching Breaking Bad this week.

Interior pics?

Re: Off topic: Got something bigger than Bigwood

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    NICE find!!!

Interior pics?
    Thanks! I don't know breaking bad, but a friend of mine saw the post on Facebook and congratulated me on acquiring the rolling meth lab. I had to look up the reference

I decided not to reuse the sheets. Or the toothbrushes I found in the bathroom.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

That thing is big. And I drove a limo today. Strange timing too.

NICE find!!!

Interior pics?
    Great show. I just watched it not too long ago too. And the plus with seeing it after a series ends is you can completely catch up and don't have to wait for any new episodes.

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    Nice! You can double your money if you sell it to me. I'd grab that any day of the week.
    turbojimmy likes this.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Needs a diesel. Or... a Cad 500!

There we go, on topic.
    turbojimmy, csbuckn and MrHolland like this.

According to the VIN plate, it's a 31-footer. Wheel base appears to be pretty close to that of my Fleetwood .

The previous owner took really good care of it. #3 piston came apart while en route to an event. It sat for the past 6 years at the towing company's yard after the son-in-law of the owner of the towing company bought it. I have a feeling its presence was a strain on the marriage and the relationship between the son-in-law and the dad. He couldn't tow it to my house soon enough.

Cleaned up decent. There was mold, moss and mildew all over it - inside and out.

Robin Banx is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Fleetwood Brougham

Buckin' frilliant. Nice goin Jimmy.

Cheers...........R.
    turbojimmy and csbuckn like this.

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Good deal , when I saw the title for this topic I expected something like Daimler DS420 limo, Rolls Royce Phantom LWB lol
    This one is a home on wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillacboy View Post
    Good deal , when I saw the title for this topic I expected something like Daimler DS420 limo, Rolls Royce Phantom LWB lol
    This one is a home on wheels
    Nah, I'm a low-budget guy. My brother got a 19' travel trailer last year and it reignited the camping bug in me (we used to camp when I was little). When I saw this thing on Craigslist for $600 it piqued my interest. I knew the guy would never get rid of it, and he was getting a lot of heat from his wife, so I offered him $150 only because he had it and I didn't.

The biggest issue currently is that I have 80 gallons of 6-year-old, bad gasoline that I need to dispose of somehow. The county haz mat place will take it for free, but I have to bring it over 5 gallons at a time.

outsider is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

80 gallons...damn!

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by brougham
    the plus with seeing it after a series ends is you can completely catch up and don't have to wait for any new episodes.
    YES! A couple of years ago, me and a friend started watching Doctor Who... We watched 6 seasons on Netflix, 60+ episodes, plus all the specials, within a month or so.....Then we were in total withdrawal until season 7 started on TV. Lol.

The RV reminds me a lot if one that was for sale where I bought my '89 Custom Cruiser. It was a bit fancier, from the same era, but not in as good of shape.

How big is it? Could the limo fit inside of it?

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    80 gallons...damn!
    If the engine ran it would suck that down in a couple of miles. I was hoping to burn it off with the generator but it's so bad the generator won't even think about firing with it. I've been running the generator off of a 5 gallon gas can.

I have about 10 5-gallon cans left over from when we were stockpiling fuel during Super Storm Sandy. There's a drain at the bottom of the tank but I can't get to it right now because I have the back sitting on the ground to level it in my steep driveway. Since the air ride compressor is powered from the chassis battery I can't run it (I have all of the wiring unhooked to get the engine out). I figure I'll drop the new engine in it and see if it will fire on the old fuel. If not, I can pump the rear back up and start the process of draining it.

The best part is that the engine won't come out the front or bottom. It has to come out into the cab and out the driver's door. But it won't fit with the heads on it. So I've stripped the old engine down to a short block and plan on yanking it out tomorrow. The new engine has to be stripped down, installed and reassembled too. Lots of fun but I look forward to the challenge.

----------

The RV reminds me a lot if one that was for sale where I bought my '89 Custom Cruiser. It was a bit fancier, from the same era, but not in as good of shape.

How big is it? Could the limo fit inside of it?
    It's an '84. Refreshingly simple mechanically. No cats, the only smog crap on it is an EGR. From an RV perspective, that stuff never changes. Hot water heater, terlet, furnaces, a/c, fridge are all the same as they are today.

The limo might fit inside it - the inside is longer and wider than the limo. It says it's a 31-footer - not sure if that's end to end or inside or what. It is like a house inside. It will be the largest vehicle I've ever attempted to pilot.

Robin Banx is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Fleetwood Brougham

^^ No prob. Try a Freightliner and a 53 footer full of produce from Nogales to Vancouver every week. My trucking buddy and I did 6300 kilometers a week every week for 4 years until we retired in '09. Piece of cake. We thought of going halfers on a giant motor home last year but decided that we were too old now. Given the state of the economy, you'd best have some shares in Chevron to keep your 454 happy. I'm sure your family will have a blast with your new motor home. All the best and..........
    Cheers.............R.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Banx View Post
    ^^ No prob. Try a Freightliner and a 53 footer full of produce from Nogales to Vancouver every week. My trucking buddy and I did 6300 kilometers a week every week for 4 years until we retired in '09. Piece of cake. We thought of going halfers on a giant motor home last year but decided that we were too old now. Given the state of the economy, you'd best have some shares in Chevron to keep your 454 happy. I'm sure your family will have a blast with your new motor home. All the best and..........
    Cheers.............R.
    When I was 17 my dad let me drive our 26' Winnebago just before we sold it. I only drove it once but I don't recall it being particularly difficult.

I've read it gets between 6 and 7 miles to the gallon. I don't plan on going on long trips in it. I got it for local trips, tailgating, etc. There are plenty of things to do and places to camp in a 50 mile radius of me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.