NOSE EMBLEM driving me *CrAzY* on '76
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bro-Ham
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, NOSE EMBLEM driving me *CrAzY* on '76 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi everyone, I am trying to install the nose emblem on my 1976 Cadillac deVille - the emblem just above ...
    Jbmoffo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Currently: '76 Coupe. '73 Fleetwood (SOLD) 76 Coupe (SOLD)

NOSE EMBLEM driving me *CrAzY* on '76

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install the nose emblem on my 1976 Cadillac deVille - the emblem just above the radiator grill and below the hood ornament. There is none there now. The first problem is trying to find one! The second problem is once I locate one..either via ebay or other internet sites, no one seems to know if the emblems from 73,74,75, and 76 were the same...
    I have been told the 73 and 74 are the same...and the 75 and 76 are the same....
    Does anyone have an original part number for these?

BTW... I ordered a repro from a place (company not mentioned), that would have fit correctly, but it was sooooo bad, I had to sent it back.

Thanks!
    Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Re: NOSE EMBLEM driving me *CrAzY* on '76

According to USA Parts Supply catalog, 75 & 76 hood emblem and "V" are the same. They sell them for $70 and $45,37. None of them are shared with 73, 74 or 77 http://www.usapartssupply.com/upload...ac_Catalog.pdf page 34

I hope they are not the company not mentioned

P.S.: You can also buy them from OPGI but they are more expensive.

I ordered the one from OPGI....and it looked AWFUL. It came with a plastic cover that had an orange/yellow tinge!
    Will USA Parts Supply have a clearer cover?!

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

USA Auto seems to get actual parts from a junked Cadillacs. Looking at OPGI's website, all their parts are reproductions.

Well, the repro is one of the worst I have ever seen.
    I am going to try USA today...!

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by Jbmoffo View Post
    I ordered the one from OPGI....and it looked AWFUL. It came with a plastic cover that had an orange/yellow tinge!
    I never bought from them a badge or trim (I did with other parts), but maybe you can ask them a pic of the item you are looking for. They sent me one when I asked for it.

I called yesterday to order one. The "gentleman" I spoke to was of NO help at all. I addressed the issue (orange plastic covering) I had with ordering from OPGI, and all the guy said was, "Ours are new, and I have no idea what you mean" So, I ordered the piece amid his lazy, lousy attitude. He seemed like the last thing he wanted to do was answer any questions...I simply had just one question.

Hopefully, it will arrive fine, and I will have the emblem the car needs without having to return another piece.

BTW...anyone ordering a similar NOS item, the back of the emblem has a number...1605392...DO NOT confuse it with 1600858. The 1600858 only fits 73 and 74...

I know...why...? Because another "fine" gentleman from a vintage Cadillac website told me the 1600858 was correct for my car...WRONG...it is TOO big!

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

I called yesterday to order one. The "gentleman" I spoke to was of NO help at all. I addressed the issue (orange plastic covering) I had with ordering from OPGI, and all the guy said was, "Ours are new, and I have no idea what you mean" So, I ordered the piece amid his lazy, lousy attitude. He seemed like the last thing he wanted to do was answer any questions...I simply had just one question.

Hopefully, it will arrive fine, and I will have the emblem the car needs without having to return another piece.

BTW...anyone ordering a similar NOS item, the back of the emblem has a number...1605392...DO NOT confuse it with 1600858. The 1600858 only fits 73 and 74...

I know...why...? Because another "fine" gentleman from a vintage Cadillac website told me the 1600858 was correct for my car...WRONG...it is TOO big!
    If all else fails:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-NEW-77-7...item337cda6d2c

Neil Clarke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 76 Sedan Deville

I think the wreath would look out of place if using a wreath hood emblem

Guess I'm lucky mine had one on it when I got it !!

The emblem is not with a wreath. It is the Crest with the V.
    USA sent theirs yesterday. Guess what, I'm sending it back today. HORRIBLE repro.

I did order one from Ebay! Thanks

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance
    From the factory a 76 deVille would have either a stand up crest hood ornament (Coupe deVille Cabriolet or Sedan/Coupe deVille d'Elegance) OR the crest affixed flush to the front of the hood (standard). While owners over the years added hood ornaments to base deVille models giving the car two Cadillac crests up front, the factory nevertheless did not install both the hood crest and the hood ornament emblem on the same car. Good luck finding what you want.
    bluefleetwood likes this.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

You aren't talking about the plastic covering they put on chrome parts to prevent scratches while shipping are you? That just gets pulled off before installing anyway.

Nope. It seems the plastic front that sits over the coloring is a honey-amber color. Not only that, the colors of the emblem itself are incorrect. The gold color near the merlettes is wrong as is the blue stripe....it looks turquoise. Putting it next to an original piece/emblem makes it look bad....if not, God-awful.

The car is in phenomenal condition, and I would like to show it eventually, so I may be obsessing over colors/plastic, but I suppose that is just me. Others might call me crazy!

Bro-Ham...

My father owned a 76...back in 76! Our dealer, at the time, installed the stand up ornament on the hood for him above the nose crest. (Of course, he paid extra for that 'jewelry'!) So, I was attempting to do the same to re-create a look from my past!

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

OK, I hated to ask as I didn't wish to sound condescending, but it just kept nagging at me.

I work in retail and you wouldn't believe how often I come up against that problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.