Windnoise on my '95 Fleetwood Brougham
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Windnoise on my '95 Fleetwood Brougham in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; It's not really that bad - but I do hear it when I'm at highway speed. Was it like this ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Windnoise on my '95 Fleetwood Brougham

It's not really that bad - but I do hear it when I'm at highway speed. Was it like this when it was brand new? If so, then I guess I wont even think about it. But if not, then I know something can be fixed...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

toomanytoyz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTSV 500rwhp, 96 FTS-V T56 previously, 95 T56 Impala SS

Re: Windnoise on my '95 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    It's not really that bad - but I do hear it when I'm at highway speed. Was it like this when it was brand new? If so, then I guess I wont even think about it. But if not, then I know something can be fixed...
    I don't have any wind noise. Nice and quiet. Quite vault-like, actually.

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoyz
    I don't have any wind noise. Nice and quiet. Quite vault-like, actually.
    your so lucky i have frameless windows and they will always make noise no matter what you do.

the Sandman is offline ...Reloaded
    Automobile(s): '05 XLR
    Have you tried checking for any loose or mis-aligned weatherstripping around the windshield/windows or trim? Are there any non-factory pieces on the exterior like antennas? Do the windows go all the way up in their tracks and make a good seal?

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by the Sandman
    Have you tried checking for any loose or mis-aligned weatherstripping around the windshield/windows or trim? Are there any non-factory pieces on the exterior like antennas? Do the windows go all the way up in their tracks and make a good seal?
    everything is stock.

The problem is when the door is shut with the windows up the window sits out of the track. ill try and get you pics i want to replace all of the seals though and i don't know how or where to get it

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Sal, Im glad you posted something about this!!!!

My grandparents FWB has a lot of windnoise..... Its in mint condition, nothing has happened to it, garaged ALL the time..... When everything is off (hvac, radio), its noticeable..... My grandparents dont notice it, but it bothers me.....

Its definitely not how i think it should be!!!!!

ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS
    If the seals are in good shape and everything FITS correctly, there should be little to no wind noise on that car.

I remember when mine was new how impressed I was with the lack of wind noise... It was damn spooky after driving the "brick" (81 FWB) for so long.

These days it is not a problem because the stereo and exhaust are loud enough to cancel any road, wind, or fire engine noise

Thats weird though, since after 8 years theirs is in perfect condition and has never sat in the sun..... Heck, their garage is heated/airconditioned......

I guess it would be a good idea to put some silicone on the weatherstrips, and then replace.....

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

There's a lot that figures into this issue. Some came from the factory with less than optimal interior noise levels, and some were great. Over the years, door hinges sag, weatherstrip gets torn or dries out, doors get "adjusted" by body shops and dealers to improve body lines and then create air leaks due to seals not being able to conform to the new position. My car was very quiet when I bought it but I wanted to align the L/R door better and in so doing created a slight air leak. Like Bill S. said, my stereo and exhaust make up for it easily and the straight body lines on the outside are more important to me. I COULD re-seal the door but I just haven't had the time or ambition to do it.

My driver's side front window does a little wierd 'move' on the way up - when it's almost up to the top. It seems like it's sealing but maybe it isn't. I think the only window I hear noise from is that one.. I'll have to check more closely.. But it's good to know that these cars are supposed to be (or could be) extremely quiet.. That means there's probably room for improvement on my car...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

toomanytoyz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTSV 500rwhp, 96 FTS-V T56 previously, 95 T56 Impala SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    My driver's side front window does a little wierd 'move' on the way up - when it's almost up to the top. It seems like it's sealing but maybe it isn't. I think the only window I hear noise from is that one.. I'll have to check more closely.. But it's good to know that these cars are supposed to be (or could be) extremely quiet.. That means there's probably room for improvement on my car...
    That's a common problem Sal, and IIRC, you already had the rear door (passenger door?) fixed. That's just the window roller problem, the "wiggle" on the way up. Mine actually does that sometimes too... I'm just waiting for it to break... I also hit the window up switch after the window is completely colsed and has settled, it'll usually go up a little bit more after it's settled....

So the "wiggle" is fairly common? Cool. I thought it was just me.. I need to get my girlfriend to listen for wind-noise for me on her side.. I can't tell from where I am in the car...

Ill check theirs also....... They had a problem with the window getting off track.......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.