Black Diamond Fleetwood Brougham?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Black Diamond Fleetwood Brougham? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Now that we've been seeing some pictures of the Black Diamond SRX, has anyone besides me wondered what that color ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Black Diamond Fleetwood Brougham?

Now that we've been seeing some pictures of the Black Diamond SRX, has anyone besides me wondered what that color would look like on our Fleetwoods? Any thoughts and/or opinions?
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
    I don't like any type of a black-metallic, either with gold nor silver metal-flakes. Chrysler was the very first to have it, way back in 1978 on their large cars. I hated it then and I hate it now.
    It makes the car always look dusty. Granted, it looks good on a color chip chart or larger swatch, but on a car - to me (my opinon) it makes the car look like it needs to be dusted. Some things cannot be improved upon. Rolling Stones said it best:
    "Black is Black" ~

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Black Diamond Fleetwood Brougham?

Sandy's right. The metallic blacks do tend to look dusty even when clean. FYI, Cadillac DID have a metallic black years ago (not sure of the year) and it was a real pretty color up close but from a distance it had a dull, dusty look. I know about the color because I painted my lawn tractor with it years ago. It would've been back in the mid 80's and the color was old then. You should've seen it, I even put Cadillac badges on the front and back and painted the wheels gold. I'll have to go look around to see if I ever took a picture of it.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Yes, we need pictures of that lawn mower, Kevin. I know, tractor.. Cadillac badges? I need to see that..

Well.. It looks good in pictures, but I can visualize what you're saying.. I still wonder what the Fleetwood Brougham would look like, though. Maybe one day I'll make a $3000.00 mistake!
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre
    Yeah, I'd like to see pictures of that John Deere DeVille

vanaisa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): `65 DeVille Convertible´67 Eldorado,´02 DHS

Haha - pictures, please!

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

My Prelude is what they call "Nighthawk Black Pearl." It has little flecks of blue in it. I hate it up close. Sandy's right. Black should be black.

Our Z3 and Volvo are REAL black. Those cars are fun to detail. After a glaze and waxing they look outstanding.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.