8 track problem - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 8 track problem in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; And it was the belt! It was really old and stretched out.. Thanks for the help!...
    vicello93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1979 sedan deville
    And it was the belt! It was really old and stretched out.. Thanks for the help!

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

Re: 8 track problem

Quote Originally Posted by vicello93 View Post
    And it was the belt! It was really old and stretched out.. Thanks for the help!
    change it, clean the tape head, and enjoy those 8 tracks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin
    change it, clean the tape head, and enjoy those 8 tracks!!!
    haha sure will!

pompste is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425

Where do you find 8 track tapes at all to play?
    When i bought my '78 Deville 3 years ago,it still had the original Delco stereo radio and 8 track player in it,but since 8 tracks went obsolete long ago i had a modern stereo radio with cd player installed in place of it.It looks out of place with the digital display,but the sound from the cd`s are great even with the original 35 year old speakers.
    Cleaning the head, as others have suggested, might help.
    Post a link for the repair kit,if you find it.

Quote Originally Posted by pompste
    Where do you find 8 track tapes at all to play? When i bought my '78 Deville 3 years ago,it still had the original Delco stereo radio and 8 track player in it,but since 8 tracks went obsolete long ago i had a modern stereo radio with cd player installed in place of it.It looks out of place with the digital display,but the sound from the cd`s are great even with the original 35 year old speakers. Cleaning the head, as others have suggested, might help. Post a link for the repair kit,if you find it.
    I got the tapes at a record store near by, it's the coolest place ever! Typical record stored packed from floor to ceiling . He has records, cassettes 8 tracks reel to reel. Well I found the belt at studiosoundelectronics.com they have the kit and separate ones.

----------

Oh btw eBay and Craigslist have tons of 8tracks for cheap

pompste is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425

Quote Originally Posted by vicello93 View Post
    I got the tapes at a record store near by, it's the coolest place ever! Typical record stored packed from floor to ceiling . He has records, cassettes 8 tracks reel to reel. Well I found the belt at studiosoundelectronics.com they have the kit and separate ones.

----------

Oh btw eBay and Craigslist have tons of 8tracks for cheap
    Thanks for the info! I`m glad i kept the original Delco stereo radio with 8-track for my '78 Deville in case i get it re-installed sometime.
    My '95 Deville still has the original stereo radio with built in cassette player.I`ve got a 12-disc FM modulated cd player mounted in the trunk connected to that which sounds great with the original 11 speakers.
    As per your info,i`ll check ebay for some 8-tracks and now cassettes too.

afaia1978 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 Coupe Deville

you can try a company named AER. They used to do alot of warranty and repair work on Delco Electronics for General Motors. When I worked for a GMC dealer here in Southern California I sent alot of radio's to them for
    warranty repairs or replacements. That was about 5 years ago so not sure if they are still in the same location or even if they are still in business. The last address I knew of was in Fullerton, California.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.