first car help!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, first car help!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hello everyone.....im in need of assistance of a first car car choice so I'm going to tell you about myself. ...
    caddyrookie35 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

first car help!!!

hello everyone.....im in need of assistance of a first car car choice so I'm going to tell you about myself. I'm 6'8 and very long and lanky (kind of like a kevin durant type body) I wear a sz 16 shoe and I like to be comfortable and not boxed in while driving. The cars I have been wanting are the 89-92 or the 93-96 fleetwoods. Idk about the legroom so hopefully you guys can help on some info and maybe lead me in the right choice of a vehicle. I also researched that the 93 deville is a nice car too...but I'm not sure if someone can give me info on all 3 cars like the pros and cons that would help. Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Re: first car help!!!

I'm 6'7". 36" inseam. I've driven GM B, C, and D body RWDs for 25 years. They are comfortable for guys our size. Not the greatest for leg room, but you'll be ok. The 71-76 cars have better leg room. If I were a little taller, I would build adapters to move the driver's seat back about four inches.

thanks which car would pick out of a 89-92 fleetwood..a 93-96 fleetwood or a 93 coupe de ville

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    I'd go with the 93-96 brougham for leg room. Rear wheel drive powerful V8 with decent leg room. We aren't fans of the front wheel drive cars on this side of the forum so it could have 40 feet of leg room and we still be telling you to go with the rear wheel drive car.
    turbojimmy likes this.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    I'm from the FWD part of the forum... Go with the '93+ RWD Fleetwood. Preferably a '94-'96 with the LT1.

sams2100 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1968 DeVille Conv, 1999 DeVille, 2003 Escalade

I'm 6'4" and while I haven't driven every style, the most comfortable one for me was a 99 deville. That model year went from 97 through 99 I believe and I think the model year before that was very similar. The reason I enjoyed the 99 deville so much was because the dash was completely out of the way. No center console in the way, no dash bump out to hit my knee, just wide open space from one side of the car to the other. These cars are everywhere, go sit in one at a dealer to see what I mean about the knee room.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

I'm 6ft2 and wear size 13s and I have no problem driving the GM B and C bodies. I actually have about an inch of seat travel to go backwards (but I have my seat tilted). Make sure you get a car with power seat base, recline, and tilt/ telescopic wheel. My lesabre has manual bench seats and no tilt/ tele and it isnt as comfortable as my 86 FWB is. I can either have my legs comfortable or my arms at the right length from the wheel, but not both. And the seats are stuck reclined back so if I sit back against the seat, its like driving a sofa. Granted if youve got long arms (longer than mine), it would probably be ok. I'd pick the 93-96 (or a loaded 90-92) to get the full power seats (93-96 also had options of heat and lumbar IIRC)

thanks guys u saved me from trying to invest in an escalade lol

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

sams2100 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1968 DeVille Conv, 1999 DeVille, 2003 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by caddyrookie35 View Post
    thanks guys u saved me from trying to invest in an escalade lol
    I got an 03 escalade also, and that is a very nice ride as well. Only complaint I have with them is the back seats should have more room in a SUV that size. Other than that, it glides down the road... not like a DeVille, but compared to other SUVs and trucks, it glides.

my big 3 factors are ROOM, COMFORT, RELIABILITY for a 6'8 guy.... lol I understand some of u guys are 6'2-6'4 but thats average for a tall person...i deal with sore backs, sore knees and a cramped body riding in my moms 02 Malibu...so try to keep that in mind

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by caddyrookie35 View Post
    my big 3 factors are ROOM, COMFORT, RELIABILITY for a 6'8 guy.... lol I understand some of u guys are 6'2-6'4 but thats average for a tall person...i deal with sore backs, sore knees and a cramped body riding in my moms 02 Malibu...so try to keep that in mind
    You could buy a 90s chevy cavalier
    ......Paging Matt Murdock......
    77CDV likes this.

Lol dont troll me bro I remember getting rides with my friend in his 2 door cavalier...it felt like putting a pitbull in a hamster wheel

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

I have not been into 80-92's RWD Cadillacs but despite odd shaped A pillar in 1993-96 RWD Cadillac Fleetwoods ,my dad says these are the most commodious car he has ever been into and driving .
    I had Cadillac Escalade 6.0 V8 too,it was very large but if your main concern is a legroom BMW 7 Series L version has more legroom ouch lol

ok sounds good 93-96 it is....i hope I find one in good condition then (crosses fingers)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.