first car help!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, first car help!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; You're going to want '94-96 for the drivetrain....
    turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Re: first car help!!!

You're going to want '94-96 for the drivetrain.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by caddyrookie35 View Post
    Lol dont troll me bro I remember getting rides with my friend in his 2 door cavalier...it felt like putting a pitbull in a hamster wheel
    Matt is a member here who is 6ft 7 (at least) and looks like a football player. He had a 97? Cavalier and always commented on its head room due to the seats sitting on the floor and leg room due to the seat sliding back against the back seat.

caddyrookie35 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

oh i guess i misunderstood u my mistake but ok......

Fleetwoodboule is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 fleetwood brougham

definately get a 94-96 fleetwood brougham very powerful and roomy and i know somebody told you that already but RWD all the way

sams2100 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1968 DeVille Conv, 1999 DeVille, 2003 Escalade

I still recommend a 97-99, those are so nice, but you will not know for sure until you try one out. Pretty much every cadillac dealer has one sitting on the lot, so go check it out. The 97-99 devilles were FWD, so they didn't lose as much space with the hump in the middle (more room) and the FWD makes for a better daily driver if you live in an area with snow. Nothing worse than a RWD vehicle in snow and ice.

If you want something you drive in spring/summer/fall, then go with RWD as they are more fun, but if you plan to drive year-round, I'd recommend the FWD.

Try several out though, everyone is different... even two people if they are 6'8" have different leg/arm lengths and torso lengths, so you gotta find that glove that fits.

caddyrookie35 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

im glad you mentioned that because I stay in Michigan and we get more than enough snow

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    I've driven a Town Car, 2 Grand Marquis, a Caprice and Custom Cruiser Wagon, and 2 full size conversion vans (one a high top) throughout 9 New England winters... If you drive a large RWD vehicle in the snow, LIKE IT'S A LARGE RWD VEHICLE IN THE SNOW, you'll be just fine. Don't let a couple of months out of the year choose your car for you.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    I've driven a Town Car, 2 Grand Marquis, a Caprice and Custom Cruiser Wagon, and 2 full size conversion vans (one a high top) throughout 9 New England winters... If you drive a large RWD vehicle in the snow, LIKE IT'S A LARGE RWD VEHICLE IN THE SNOW, you'll be just fine. Don't let a couple of months out of the year choose your car for you.
    this. I've driven my lesabre and brougham, and my high top van through the snow we get here. I survived just fine. I remember when I was a kid, my dad had a 77 impala wagon with the pokey 305. When we had really nasty snowstorms, he'd go driving around the people in their 4x4 suburbans and explorers as they got stuck because they couldnt drive.

purelux is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 deville
    Agreed get a set of descent snow tires and maybe rims too good to go if your worried.

j2rossit is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 FW Brougham, 68 Buick Wildcat Convertible 455 4bbl

I'm Canadian, so snow is my forte. FWD is better for pulling away from a stop, but you loose all steering when your wheels spin. RWD is much more fun to drive in the snow that FWD. If you have a good set of snow tires, you will not see enough of a difference to make one better than the other.
    For highway, RWD is safer since if you do hit ice, your rear wheels are more likely to brake loose than your fronts, if your rear breaks loose, you can ease yourself back in the right direction. But if your fronts break loose (more likely in FWD), your boned.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.