Caddy home!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Caddy home!!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well I got her home today Even when she ain't 100% healthy she rides better than most new cars!!!!! Funny ...
    Mad'lac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe

Caddy home!!!!

Well I got her home today Even when she ain't 100% healthy she rides better than most new cars!!!!! Funny how people in Hondas jump out of the way:devillaug Now that she is home its time to get to work!!! First I got to get her healthy running then the fun begins

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
    Congrats! So what's your first mission to accomplish? What's wrong with her?
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Well her brakes are not up to snuff yet , her windshield is cracked and the left turn signal isn't working. It ain't too bad for a 18 yr old car. I just hope I don't run into any brainbusters here

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
    Oh, so far that doesn't sound too bad at all. All normal stuff.. That'll be out of the way soon.
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Cruzship is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Get to know your local auto recycler well, they can be of enormous help.Look for the oldest guy in the place. Good luck! sounds like it will be a nice cruzer!

Dead Sled is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Originally posted by Cruzship
    Get to know your local auto recycler well, they can be of enormous help.Look for the oldest guy in the place. Good luck! sounds like it will be a nice cruzer!
    all the junk yards around me dont keep any thing older that 15 years old. they say theres no market for old parts

the only place around here that has old cars isn't a pick n' pull and charge up the ass for parts. I went there once looking for a hydraboost and they wanted almost a hundred dollars for one i was just going to use as a core! and i paid $15 just for the puch rod between the booster and the master.

I know the got plenty 472s and 500s but im afraid to ask how much

Down here I been lucky to find some junkyard places. Hell my favorite junkyard even got their story told in Popular Hotrodding a few yrs back. Good thing its way out in the boondocks else everyone would be buying up the stuff I would need. Not many people around here know about them. As for the pick&pull places they don't keep anything older than 15 yrs either

bah whats with me and old cars i cant get parts for.

I also have a 1975 International 200 4x4 that I've dumped way too much money into

Down here old rodders are very protective on their parts source. The only reason I even know about my place is because my old nieghbor used to have me help him work on his old C-body Dodge. I used to go with him to the junkyard to pick parts. Hell Last month I was over there they had a '56 Ford Panel wagon brought in. Turns out it was in a ol barn rusting away. If only I had the money and skills to work on that beast.

I know of a coulple small places around here but all they seem to have is old pickups and theres one with like 50 Ford Galixie 500s but still no luck on any caddy grave yards

Well I found a 78 Fleetwood to get all the mounts and brackets from. Now I need to find a 500 and get this project moving.

what do you have under the hood now?

The crappy 4.1 V8. It got just enough power to do the limit but not much after that. And being a hot rodder at heart it ain't enough. I live on torque. Remember my new motto......
    "Hauling @$$ with class"

I know the lack of torque illness my lil jeep cherokee with a 2.8 GM V6 and a 5spd has to get a vary good running start at hills, and god help ya if theres a headwind

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.