Floor Heater never turns off.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Floor Heater never turns off. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; When I am driving my 1988 Brougham, I have heat constantly on my feet. I have all the controls off ...
    chrismm00723 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Brougham RWD Superior Hearse

Floor Heater never turns off.

When I am driving my 1988 Brougham, I have heat constantly on my feet. I have all the controls off and it still pushes hot air out of the floor vents. I am not sure if this is the Vacuum issue or just a common stupid never ending GM issue (lol). I am a new member so I didnt get a chance to check and see if there is a similar Thread about this issue. Any input would be great. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismm00723 View Post
    When I am driving my 1988 Brougham, I have heat constantly on my feet. I have all the controls off and it still pushes hot air out of the floor vents. I am not sure if this is the Vacuum issue or just a common stupid never ending GM issue (lol). I am a new member so I didnt get a chance to check and see if there is a similar Thread about this issue. Any input would be great. Thanks
    Is the fan running (does it feel like its always on low/med/hi?)
    Some heat is normal, but it should not have any pressure behind it

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Re: Floor Heater never turns off.

Even when the system is off, the blower runs on low and air is discharged out the floor vents. Although the system tries to moderate the temperature as much as possible, since the compressor is off, the air tends to be warm. I've always enjoyed this about my Cadillacs, as I can drive on a cool evening with the windows partially down and still not be cold.

mygpascaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Does it also blow hot when you turn the ac on cold? If so you may have a problem like I did on my 93. Turned out the blend door wasn't working. Still looking for a vacuum leak myself.

Corey468 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

I was reading through the shop manual for my '76 a while ago. I believe that the system was supposed to function where if you turned the thermostat as low as it could go (IE to maximum cooling), the heater control valve should shut off hot coolant flow to the heater core. But you'll probably want to check the blend door first, and if that's functioning all nicely, you can check the heater control valve. It is normal for these cars to have a constant low fan blowing air in at your feet.

Good luck!

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

With my 91 sometimes you can feel air coming out at the floor with the system off but it's not hot and if it's the fan doing it there's hardly no pressure to it. It feels more like air is just being pushed thru naturally while the car is moving.

SafariOne is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1981Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance Coupe m

It is normal for this particular year. The only way it stops is when you have the A/C on and then the heater control valve is closed by the climate control head.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.