Hot Rod Brougham!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Hot Rod Brougham! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; New to board, looking to find other Cadillac Performance Nuts! I know this is rare, but really! My Cadillac Home ...
    Ultra Slow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hot Rod Brougham!

New to board, looking to find other Cadillac Performance Nuts! I know this is rare, but really!

My Cadillac Home Page

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Hot Rod Brougham!

We're a small but proud group!

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    We're a small but proud group!

All right! I see there is my kind of people here! Nice Brougham BTW. Like the corvette intake covers. Had a couple questions that you may know as I have not been able to figure it out yet and I am an old school and northstar guy more than the 96. I have a 96, car has the tow pak, 3:23 and a posi. I have been debating to put 3:73's in it that I have laying around. If it was a caprice/roadmaster/impala, I know the hypertech PPIII would do the job of elimitation that top speed limiter and recalibrating the spedo readings. The PPIII does not work on this car as I have figured out a while back. I have not messed with this 96 much, but do you know how to get rid of the top speed limiter and recal the spedo for 3:73's.

toomanytoyz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTSV 500rwhp, 96 FTS-V T56 previously, 95 T56 Impala SS
    Now that's a sweet ride, man!!!

I'm quite envious of your collection!

Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoyz
    Now that's a sweet ride, man!!!

I'm quite envious of your collection!

Welcome aboard!
    Thanks... Nice 96... Looks familiar! I dont have the T56 though... I am getting some great ideas on the Impala wheels on my 96 from you guys. I debated to do that a while back but did not like the looks and thought the brougham lookd rather dull without the no handeling white walls. You have to let me in on these custom centercaps as that makes the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Slow
    Thanks... Nice 96... Looks familiar! I dont have the T56 though... I am getting some great ideas on the Impala wheels on my 96 from you guys. I debated to do that a while back but did not like the looks and thought the brougham lookd rather dull without the no handeling white walls. You have to let me in on these custom centercaps as that makes the difference.
    Thanks.

Oh, and the caps are off an '02 DeVille. You can check my site for other stuff I've done too. I actually did export taillights and I have a set of the export headlights on order...

It's fun to be different.

Why not?

Wow,

Saw your site. Your car looks great. I think I am going to run out and get a set of SS wheels. Are the 02 deville caps direct replacments, or did you mod them? Do you run 255/50 17's? I know that size as that is what I run on my STS. Also, I am sure you guys have the answer on these LT1 cads... How the heck do you get rid of the top speed limiter?

Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoyz
    Thanks.

Oh, and the caps are off an '02 DeVille. You can check my site for other stuff I've done too. I actually did export taillights and I have a set of the export headlights on order...

It's fun to be different.

Why not?

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Ultra_Slow
    That is one nice machine. Love the look and color too. Welcome aboard

The caps snap right into place. No modifications neccessary. There are a couple different caps for the DeVille though, so you need to make sure you get the right one.

And yes, I run 255-50-17. I run the Bridgestone Potenza RE730's and love 'em. They have since been superceded by the RE750's though, and I haven't tried those.

As far as the programming... I went with an OBD1 swap pcm from www.pcmforless.com. It was quite a hurdle, but I think we got it working reliably now. If you go with the swap, you can program yourself using Tunercat or if you stay OBD2 you could use LT1 Edit , which I think Katshot uses, but it's pricey. Tunercatis supposedly coming out with an OBD2 program soon. I'm waiting for that one!

Also, check out www.impalassforum.com. We have a Fleetwood section there and there are a bunch of knowledgeble people over there. The FW's share the platform with the Impala/Caprice/Roadmaster so the info over there can also be very useful to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Slow
    All right! I see there is my kind of people here! Nice Brougham BTW. Like the corvette intake covers. Had a couple questions that you may know as I have not been able to figure it out yet and I am an old school and northstar guy more than the 96. I have a 96, car has the tow pak, 3:23 and a posi. I have been debating to put 3:73's in it that I have laying around. If it was a caprice/roadmaster/impala, I know the hypertech PPIII would do the job of elimitation that top speed limiter and recalibrating the spedo readings. The PPIII does not work on this car as I have figured out a while back. I have not messed with this 96 much, but do you know how to get rid of the top speed limiter and recal the spedo for 3:73's.
    You're right. The Hypertech stuff does not work on a Cadillac. The only reason is because Hypertech won't add Cadillac VINs to their software. As Bill said, I use LT1-Edit. I didn't think it was expensive when I got it (a couple years ago), but maybe Bill's right. I DO like how powerful the application is. It allows you to do things that no other application I'm aware of does, and that translates into better "customizability". I have 3.73 gears in my car and feel they are the best mix of top-end and 0-60 performance. Bill mentioned that he intended to install 4.56 gears in his Fleetwood! I'm guessing he intends to turn the car into a track-only vehicle at that point. Be that as it may, there are a lot of possibilities with these cars. You have an awsome collection of cars and I'm sure you should be able to transform your "whale body" Fleetwood into a hot rod. If there's anything I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask.

I have a question off topic but yeah well.
    I want to make my eldo RWD and a manual is it worth the trouble.
    about how much money am i looking at.

No one can tell you if it's worth the trouble. It's up to you. I know a guy that made a '84 Eldo into a monster truck by dropping the Eldo body onto a Chevy Blazer chassis (of course his dad ownes a body shop). It is very cool looking.

No one can tell you if it's worth the trouble. It's up to you. I know a guy that made a '84 Eldo into a monster truck by dropping the Eldo body onto a Chevy Blazer chassis (of course his dad ownes a body shop). It is very cool looking.
    Do you know how much time would it take to do. What parts are involved. Sorry i have no clue on where to start. But i am very mechanically inclined. I love tackleing new projects and this is right up my ally if i can get the right knowledge. and money (which im afraid of)

Bill mentioned that he intended to install 4.56 gears in his Fleetwood! I'm guessing he intends to turn the car into a track-only vehicle at that point
    Well, I haven't done the math for the 4.56's yet, but 4.10's with the T56 in 6th gear, the highway rpms are identical to the 4L60E with the 3.08's (2.93's). So that means the 4.56's shouldn't be much worse than the stockers on the highway with my tranny. But with a stock 4spd, however, it'd be a nightmare! Right now with my 3.73's at 80mph, I'm turning just over 1800 rpms. I need more gear. The drivetrain offers groans of rebellion whenever the car is under 2000 rpms and under load. It HATES the 3.73's. And it won't get off the line for crap.

I can't wait for my 4.56's.

That is strange. Just for fun, have you ever looked to see what the final drive ratio is for the 6-speed Corvette and F-body cars? I get what you mean about the 4.56's being "Okay" in 6th since you have tall 6th gear but I would think your 1st gear is gonna be like a granny gear on a truck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.