77-79 Coupe DeVille Questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 77CDV
  • 1 Post By vicello93
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 77-79 Coupe DeVille Questions in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello to all, I have some questions about those model years. 1. Were there any type of Electronic Engine or ...
    jfontana is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

77-79 Coupe DeVille Questions

Hello to all,

I have some questions about those model years.

1. Were there any type of Electronic Engine or Ignition control Systems on carburated models, or any electronic modules that controlled other components?

2. Are there any efi(multi port of tbi) options other than the rare stock multi port injection system?

3. Are there non stock parts available for the 425 such as aluminum heads and pistons?

4. How well can these engines be rebuilt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

jfontana

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Re: 77-79 Coupe DeVille Questions

In 1979, there is a Electronic Spark Selection module on CA cars that retards or advances the timing depending on load. One member on here (Benzilla) found out the hard way what a pain in the ass it can be when it goes bad. The only fuel injection option available was the Electronic Fuel Injection TBI multiport unit. I had a 1977 SDV with it, and it worked well. Gave the car some extra pep and made it quite a bit smoother. The engines are an easy rebuild, as they're fairly simple GM big block V8s. Don't know about aftermarket performance parts for the 425.
    Benzilla likes this.

jfontana is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: 77-79 Coupe DeVille Questions

Hey, Thank you very much for your response. That answers some of my questions.

jfontana

vicello93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1979 sedan deville
    I know these two websites, 500cid.com and cad500parts.com , they both have parts for 500/472/425.
    Benzilla likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.