82 Cadillac coupe DeVille 4.1L
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By carnut
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 82 Cadillac coupe DeVille 4.1L in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I bought my husband this car and he was very excited and it ran pretty good...until he wanted to get ...
    oldschoollac is offline Cadillac Owners Member

82 Cadillac coupe DeVille 4.1L

I bought my husband this car and he was very excited and it ran pretty good...until he wanted to get a full tune up and change the oil pump...then it stopped running. When we dropped it off at the shop it was running...when we picked it up it stopped running. I have no idea why.. no one seems to be able to find out the problem. My husband doesn't know much about cars nor does he have any tools and it makes me sad to see him sad about his Cadillac. He is an old-school Cadillac man to the fullest..Fleetwood anything older than 89. Is there anyone out there that knows anything and could give some pointers on this car. We are low on money right now so might even have to sell till we can afford to just buy him another. Please text or call...8178128746. Michael & Sarah
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Are you getting any codes when you pull them through the climate control?

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: 82 Cadillac coupe DeVille 4.1L

Go back to the basics. Does it have spark? does it have normal fuel pressure? And why are you worrying? it came to a shop running and now it isn't, they should at least diagnose it. And NEVER post your number on an international web site!!!!

----------

Be aware that if the oil pressure switch just above the oil filter fails or is unplugged, the fuel pump will not work. Car quits and will not restart!
    77CDV likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.