4 Wheel alignment on 94 Fleetwood not do-able?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 4 Wheel alignment on 94 Fleetwood not do-able? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I took the car in for an alignment this morning. It's got pretty bad toe-out on the passenger side. They ...
    Poda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Base - Metal tops hells yeah!

4 Wheel alignment on 94 Fleetwood not do-able?

I took the car in for an alignment this morning. It's got pretty bad toe-out on the passenger side. They get it on the 4 wheel alignment machine and.... problem. The gadget doohicky thingy that goes over the back wheels doesn't fit, even with the chrome off. No alignment for me.. Was then told I need a 2 wheel alignment machine, of which they can't think of anyone that has one.

Is it really not doable to use the now-standard 4 wheel machines on our cars? Or did they just not have the experience/know-how on how to set it up on our old beasts? (I imagine the roadmaster and caprice guys might have similar problems..).

Hail-mary question - anyone in the greater toronto area get a car with wheel skirts succesfully aligned anywhere in the city? If so by all means let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

Re: 4 Wheel alignment on 94 Fleetwood not do-able?

it's do-able. I had a hard time getting a place to do it on my 95 due to the rear wheel wells with the skirts.

What I had to do was take off the fender skirts and have them air up the rear shocks (mine are replacements with the valve mounted behind the rear bumper)

once that was done they were barely able to get the sensors onto the rear wheels...

You may be able to take it back to one of the places you tried and have them retry it with those options. Some places have different machines so not every place will be able to fit their heads on the wheels even with the rear lifted up all the way but if you're lucky they'll be able to!

Good luck to you.

Poda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Base - Metal tops hells yeah!

Re: 4 Wheel alignment on 94 Fleetwood not do-able?

My air ride was removed/disabled long before I bought the car so that's not an option.. But thanks for the info

That leads me to think though - obviously more work for the tech, but what about jacking the rear of the car when it's on the machine, installing, and dropping her back down. I'm sure I'll pay the extra labour, but if that's what it takes..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.