Long story of recent bad luck
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Jeppi94
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Long story of recent bad luck in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Greetings everybody! Where to start...I had my car over to a mechanic who were to replace my O2 sensor, it ...
    Jeppi94 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1989 Cadllac Brougham

Angry Long story of recent bad luck

Greetings everybody!

Where to start...I had my car over to a mechanic who were to replace my O2 sensor, it was stuck sooo hard that it did not come of, the entire fastening device came off, so now there's a welding job to do. To do that he had to take the right front wheel off, to do that the spoke hubcaps has to come of...I didn't have the tool to do that...i ordered it, took 2 weeks for it to ship from US to here...When it came here, i was only to discover that it was the wrong size...even though i ordered it with the correct color code red. however, i managed to take a small hammer and a Flathead screwdriver and carefully turn the lock nuts by hitting in the side of them, it went very well and i managed to remove all of them...except the one on the wheel that has to come of to replace the O2 sensor, the axle which the lock nut is sitting on is turning with the lockout, which means that somehow it has broken off...I've tried to remove the locknut, first carefully with screwdrivers, then with brute force, only option now is to grab the angle grinder and cut the cap open and buy a new one :/ And as a sweet ending, my mechanic have taken a 2 week vecation which leaves me with a car who does not know how to mix the air/fuel...runs sluggish. 2 weeks is exactly the ammount of time i have until it's time to garage the car fro the coming winter. And i've got one month left until the car has to re inspected, (it failed the inspection last time due to broken o2 sensor and red rear turn signal indicators, if it's not done until then it will be road illegal

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

Re: Long story of recent bad luck

that sucks. I have some good replacement caps from a 1990 if you need one...

Hang in there, it'll all be worth it!

Jeppi94 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1989 Cadllac Brougham

I took an angle grinder and cut the locknut in half, so now i've got it off. And i've bought 4 new white walls which is on the car now!
    turbojimmy and talismandave like this.

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Years ago I replaced all my wheel locks with allen headed bolts. I kept the proper allen wrench in my car! What thief carries an allen wrench?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.