Our first ship Fleetwood Limo 1985 need advice
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Our first ship Fleetwood Limo 1985 need advice in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, I would like to ask you for advice, I'm from Czech Republic not from Chechnya (just for the record) ...
    Liliseek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Fleetwood Limousine 1985

Question Our first ship Fleetwood Limo 1985 need advice

Hi, I would like to ask you for advice, I'm from Czech Republic not from Chechnya (just for the record) I bought with my father Fleetwood Limo 1985. 5-door version, unfortunately, is rather cosmetic defects and I believe that there is someone you advise me what to get, or give me a link from ebay as you need to buy and where what is missing, I am very interested to slowly repair and auto hide for my son and even more for his son. If I write something wrong so sorry, I translate the Google Translator. So here I am able to insert some extra parts car that does not look complete?
      Then he would like to know where they are in front of the radio speakers for the driver, then that does anyone have any advice ejected We antenna, roof window down and snaps partition between the driver and rear passengers can not pull up, you have some ideas?

Thank you in advance;-)

Liliana

• Remove Advertisements
      CadillacForums.com
      Advertisements

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
      Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
      If this is a rear wheel drive limo, the front speakers should be under the dash top.
      I cannot help you with the partition glas between the driver and the rear seating area. My guess would be the motor that moves it up and down is broken, but I do not know what the motor would be from (if they used one from the door of a car, or if it is unique to limos).

Best of luck on the restoration of your limo, and please put up some pictures on the website here. We would love to see your car.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
      Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Our first ship Fleetwood Limo 1985 need advice

Welcome!!!

Can I ask you again, we need a limousine to "preserve" before winter, just before it starts to snow. I would advise impregnate the skin on the roof. Lord from whom we bought the limo had to do in Prague new roof surface and somehow it heavily corrupted, do it in the sun then apparently came srašný rain and somehow they hit it, the skin is peeling and not the edge. Another thing I could ask one of you, whether I nevyhotil how involved the compressor under the hood? for us it is something wrong. In addition, there are two things, first he would be somewhere near you for our Senate wheel cadillac, where and for how much? Ours is cracked and does not look pretty. The second thing silver trim around the car, they seem to you the photos original, mainly on the trunk of the car? A turn gave it to somewhere near you get and for how much money ...
      I apologize in advance for maybe stupid question, but any advice I really very much.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
      Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
      The trim on the trunk is not original and can really mess up the edge if you leave it on long, the edge protectors on the doors are original and I would leave them on the car if they are not bad. Are you asking how to protect the vinyl roof during the winter or how to replace it? There is nothing you can do to repair it if it's peeling or cracked. The AC compressor can still be bought new from rockauto or ebay and shipped to you.

There just say how impregnate the roof, if just a shoe or something special. As far as the compressor, he is fully functional, but there is some confusion involvement, the man who sold us the car did not understand it at all and you stepped compressor itself. I need to find out if you can with some cheap wheel and rail to get to the car, also the price and if possible the transport costs in the Czech Republic, here in the Czech Republic is terribly expensive, these beautiful old American cars there is very little parts and are therefore insanely expensive.

Still not understanding the roof thing. You need somebody to go look at the car? Or do you need to know how and how much it would cost to ship the car to you? Anybody here translate for him?

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
      Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

I think he is wondering.....

What is the top material. Needs to replace it.

Compressor is good. Compressor has been bypassed.

That is my best guess.
      With luck one of our posts will translate to make sense if we keep trying to help using different words?

Faith76 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
      Automobile(s): 89 Sedan DeVille, 90 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood Hearse

I think by impregnate, they are trying to ask for some protectant. Especially since he mentioned he wanted to do it before snow.

j2rossit is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
      Automobile(s): 85 FW Brougham, 68 Wildcat 'vert, 92 & 96 Roadmaster Wagons

I think he's talking about a protectant as well. The translator mentioned "shoe" so I think he was giving an example of shoe polish.
      The best top treatment I've ever used is Meguiars Vinyl Cleaner.

That makes sense. The top is vinyl so some type of vinyl conditioner will work, Mequiars is the most popular around these parts.

BINGO!! I meant it as a protection of the roof skin from the cold, snow, water .... Heck, you do not know a better compiler than the one Google because Google is useless. Anyway, thank you all, I will definitely again soon show you that you were not sad:-D Oh, and can someone please send me the picture compressor, I'm only on the connectors. And does anyone in the U.S. or elsewhere in the world, a website where you can find the history of cars by VIN code?

I do not have a vinyl roof. I have a leatherette on the roof. ----- It's my English :-)

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
      Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
      Quote Originally Posted by Liliseek View Post
      I do not have a vinyl roof. I have a leatherette on the roof. ----- It's my English :-)
      A leatherette roof that is not vinyl? I thought "leatherette" was a term used to make vinyl appear fancy/ upscale?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
    If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.