I Found a possibly missing vaccuum hose?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, I Found a possibly missing vaccuum hose? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Here i've found two sealed pipes which looks to be vacuum pipes. One in a vacuum hose branching sitting on ...
    Jeppi94 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1989 Cadllac Brougham

Question I Found a possibly missing vaccuum hose?

Here i've found two sealed pipes which looks to be vacuum pipes. One in a vacuum hose branching sitting on teh EGR and one on what i believe is the idle throttle solenoid, is it possible there is a hose that's missing here?DSCN5058.JPGDSCN5062.JPGDSCN5063.JPG

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    The one on the solenoid looking thing is supposed to be open. The other one is a vacuum break I believe. My guess is it goes to manifold vacuum. Calling Sven for your easy to read diagram.

Re: I Found a possibly missing vaccuum hose?

Ok, i removed the seal for the one on solenoid branch thing, i can feel a vacuum suction from the pipe, but removing the seal didn't affect the engines idle or performance. Now to something different, on the right side valve covers, there are a rubber cap over a hole down into the valve covers which has a hose that goes into the air filter intake, what's that?

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    Pcv? If you take it out and shake it, it should rattle.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppi94 View Post
    Actually, looking at this pic, the circle on the left goes to what I think is the vacuum break. Keeps the engine from dieseling after you turn it off. The circle on the right I was wrong about, not should where it's suppose to go.

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You are missing a vacuum line...

The solenoid is supposed to be connected to the Knock Sensor, and the thing is the VRV valve, which is supposed to have an open port (an a foam filter on the end).

The valve on the right side is the PCV valve, and there should be a similar sized tube coming from air cleaner and going to the left side valve cover. These are are for the Positive Crankcase Ventilation system, so make sure both are connected.

Thanks a lot for this diagram! I'm going to go out the first thing i do tomorrow when I've got daylight to investigate this! First I've got to locate the knock sensor

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

^It's black and has a red electrical clip on it...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.