Clicking/Chirping coming from passenger front wheel..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Clicking/Chirping coming from passenger front wheel.. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I gotta say, this car never ceases to keep me on my toes lol... Latest saga is a chirping that ...
    Poda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Base, 94 Fleetwood Livery-no vinyl top in sight

Clicking/Chirping coming from passenger front wheel..

I gotta say, this car never ceases to keep me on my toes lol...

Latest saga is a chirping that started today from the front right wheel.. I pulled out of my spot at work, hard left immediately right over a speed bump. Heard a grinding sound from the front right and now after I hit about 45-50 km/h it starts to click/chirp, consistent with speed. My thought is a wheel bearing, but I'm no expert. Any thoughts? How hard are these to do, and how long should it/would it take me to do in the driveway tomorrow?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Poda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Base, 94 Fleetwood Livery-no vinyl top in sight

Re: Clicking/Chirping coming from passenger front wheel..

After more research, I'm assuming that if it was a bearing I'd be hearing a constant groan as opposed to a chirp. Which leads me to believe it's rotating assembly related, like a bent heat shield or something. One thing I did figure out though is that the noise doesn't go away when I apply the brakes, so I doubt it's a loose bad or an issue with the actual braking system. Could be a rock stuck in there (apparently it'll sound like that).. who knows.. Here's hoping someone here's experienced it and can point me in the right direction.

deVille33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1977 Coupe (blue), 1977 Coupe (yellow), 1977 Coupe (green)

Re: Clicking/Chirping coming from passenger front wheel..

Your hearing noise from that area? It is not time to hesitate and debate the issue, it is time to act. Pull the wheel off and make an inspection. Ever see smoke from that side? If you have, you could have welded the bearing race to the spindle. Then it gets expensive. Better to find it is something simple, or wait and find it has gone too long and too far.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.