Is there a replacement A.C. power module available for 1981 to 1987 cadillacs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Is there a replacement A.C. power module available for 1981 to 1987 cadillacs in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Seems every cadillac made between 1981 and 1987 has a faulty A.C. power module I am asking the most knowledgeable ...
    nyshark is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sedan deville 1981

Is there a replacement A.C. power module available for 1981 to 1987 cadillacs

Seems every cadillac made between 1981 and 1987 has a faulty A.C. power module I am asking the most knowledgeable people to try and find a new replacement A.C. power module its crazy that they have a new equal or better replacement part for just about everything else in these cars except the A.C. power module it does not pay to even replace it with a pick and pull part because 90% of the time it will not work at all or is on the way out also . Can we sign a petition or something ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The Ape Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '80 Fleetwood Coupe, 1994 and 1995 Mercedes 140 Coupe

Re: Is there a replacement A.C. power module available for 1981 to 1987 cadillacs

I've heard stories of old blower motors supposedly pulling extra current and breaking otherwise good power modules. Not sure but it might be an issue for you.

An improvement would be a small computer fan with some kind of timout device to keep the fins cool after engine shutdown.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Re: Is there a replacement A.C. power module available for 1981 to 1987 cadillacs

What's the AC power module? I've had the fan power module go before and it's only here that I've heard of a blower motor pulling more current causing that but I don't know if that's the case or not. When I pulled my module out it was a junk yard one and I never changed it before now so I think it's just one of the electronics in it that dies over time.

nyshark is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sedan deville 1981

Yes the cause of the problem with the modules is the failing blower motor drawing to much and causing the resistor circuit to slowly fail one speed at a time until only high speed is working then hey guess what? that to comes to an end , But the modules are not the best to begin with I owned an 81 sedan deville in 1984 and i replaced the module in that one back then it was $400 bucks from the dealer , now I have a classic that I really enjoy I have the AC and blower jumped with remote switches concealed under dash , I tried and tried to locate a new module The ECC works great I would think there would be an after market equal that could fit perfect in the old modules location and work off the voltage from the ECC , I do know one thing I Was shopping online and the more I clicked the higher the prices were getting for the same part .Has anyone else noticed this to happen its like they know you really must need it and cannot get one so now they want to squeeze you for it lol One site claims to have a new GM module exact fit for $430 . I will stick with my jumped out switches for that amount I maybe use the AC about 30 to 40 x a year It is not as if i must have it but it would be nice to have the car showroom .no damage was done jumping the blower and AC clutch engage circuit ,just have thermostat call switched , it can be removed like it was never there in less than 1 minute. thanks for the input you guys are the best.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.