2 Groups of Idiots butcher 2 79 CDVs at The Same Time!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 2 Groups of Idiots butcher 2 79 CDVs at The Same Time! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Such a waste, notice no mention of frame reinforcement, I wonder how long it will take before the doors don't ...
    lacville78 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 77 Cadillac CDV

2 Groups of Idiots butcher 2 79 CDVs at The Same Time!

Such a waste, notice no mention of frame reinforcement, I wonder how long it will take before the doors don't close right anymore.
    I hate these types of shows!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Re: 2 Groups of Idiots butcher 2 79 CDVs at The Same Time!

That show is always tough to watch.
    Not enough time in alien enviroment.
    = Hack job just about everytime.
    They looked like decent cars before they got ahold of them.

That Rhino the painter sure gets around.
    I first saw his paint work on that class 8 truck show.
    Now i see him around regularly.
    See him a lot on inside west coast customs.
    He has some mad skills.

----------
    This one caught my attention.

----------

deVille33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1977 Coupe (blue), 1977 Coupe (yellow), 1977 Coupe (green)

I gave up on that show after viewing 2 episodes. Celebrated Butchers, child like behavior when things don't go right, no thought as to the outcome of their actions, PP Planning, too much drama. Like watching Jerry Springer on cars.

Mark 78 Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Coupe De Ville, 1993 Fleetwood

I agree on all counts, but I gotta say I like the look of the targa. It is original, and it looks great with the basically square shape of those cars. The great thing about the targa is that if you had a parts car roof and doors, you could targa your car, and then put it back to original if you got tired of it. I don't know if I have the balls to do it to mine, but it is tempting. I had thought of the Lincoln moon roof, but the install is very expensive. There is a guy on lay it low (Brent) who specializes in installing Lincoln moon roofs, but the targa would be cheaper and certainly more original. Just watch for rainy days!

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

This is why we can't have nice things.

CBodyFan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

I can never watch those shows, they are so wrong.
    lacville78 likes this.

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

There is a fever nowadays to "customize" classic cars. Personally I think the car is more valuable and admirable restored to its original look but anyway, I can also admit a customization that can be easily reversible, but when you chop these cars you are chopping a piece of automotive history; maybe there is no big deal when we are talking about a model we still can find easily, but these 77-88 cadillacs are being used as a base for too many crazy designs... Who knows when it will be difficult to find one in a decent shape. Sixties cadillacs -for example- are more and more hard to find in the last years.
    77CDV and lacville78 like this.

vicello93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1979 sedan deville
    I personally think that if a car is in excellent good and not so bad shape, it should be restored to original, now if the car is in bad shape, then I think a customization wouldn't be so bad. But I think it's a sin to get a good car and do that

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    Guess I'll be the odd ball and stick up for customizing Cadillacs. I think it would be stupid to get a car that's beyond saving and try to customize it. Welding in new metal or replacing a blow motor would be a waste of time and money if you can find one that's already doing good. I wouldn't mind having either one of those cars, especially if I can fab up a hard top that could be put on when I wanted to.

Besides, who the hell would be dumb enough to customize a car that's "beyond saving"?
    STS_Seville_Hunter likes this.

lacville78 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 77 Cadillac CDV

Quote Originally Posted by csbuckn View Post
    Guess I'll be the odd ball and stick up for customizing Cadillacs. I think it would be stupid to get a car that's beyond saving and try to customize it. Welding in new metal or replacing a blow motor would be a waste of time and money if you can find one that's already doing good. I wouldn't mind having either one of those cars, especially if I can fab up a hard top that could be put on when I wanted to.

Besides, who the hell would be dumb enough to customize a car that's "beyond saving"?
    You do awesome work! I am really just talking about those people chopping the roof off a car and calling it a day. That is a hack job, that ruins the car.
    I don't mind mods, I just don't like butchering.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by lacville78

You do awesome work! I am really just talking about those people chopping the roof off a car and calling it a day. That is a hack job, that ruins the car.
    I don't mind mods, I just don't like butchering.
    You should have seen the "mach 5" datsun Z they did on car warriors. Talk about butchering a car.

Also, there used to be a bracket style competition on ESPN called funk master flex's car wars. The hack job ricers those guys did were hilarious. We're talking flex peeling cracked bondo off of the finished cars bad.

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

OK guys not all at once.....who wants me to check it out first for them?

http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/4104420894.html

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Wow. I didnt notice the staggered 20/24s before. So for 10Gs you get...to finish the exhaust, finish the engine wiring, finish the stereo, finish the cooling system and you get to tow it home. Sounds like a win to me. I'd bet its not street legal but at least the frame isnt sagging yet.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Don't forget repaint the dash. Apparently someone forgot to scuff the wood down before they painted it. Also looks like someone tried to steal the radio? (Half hanging out). And why did he wet the car prior to photographing it?
    Sorry, but being on a car show (in a very limited time frame where alot of stuff was halfassed) does not make it worth 10k (plus its missing the 500+hp crate motor).
    I'd give them 1k. I can't even take it out if I think its gonna rain and it has to be garaged.

I do like the door panels and seats though. Wonder if they feel decent in person, or if they will break if you look at them wrong.

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Don't forget repaint the dash. Apparently someone forgot to scuff the wood down before they painted it. Also looks like someone tried to steal the radio? (Half hanging out). And why did he wet the car prior to photographing it?
    Sorry, but being on a car show (in a very limited time frame where alot of stuff was halfassed) does not make it worth 10k (plus its missing the 500+hp crate motor).
    I'd give them 1k. I can't even take it out if I think its gonna rain and it has to be garaged.

I do like the door panels and seats though. Wonder if they feel decent in person, or if they will break if you look at them wrong.
    They'' break if you look at them wrong. lol lol That thing is more or less stripped of what it was made in the TV show. What would someone want it for now? lol lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.