olds 307 V-belt tensioning?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, olds 307 V-belt tensioning? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello! Are there anyone here that's familiar with tensioning the belts on the olds 307? The belt for my AC ...
    Jeppi94 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1989 Cadllac Brougham

olds 307 V-belt tensioning?

Hello!

Are there anyone here that's familiar with tensioning the belts on the olds 307? The belt for my AC Compressor is squealing when it's under pressure and the belt for the device beside...which i believe is a vacuum pump, it's belt is soo lose that it wobbles while spinning. Anyhow, the only tensioning bolt I've seen is the one for the generator belt, are there more or is that one for the entire system?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

meteor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1987 brougham

Re: olds 307 V-belt tensioning?

Just replaced all the belts on my "new" 87 Brougham. It is not an easy job and the pulleys barely move, I have never seen brackets like these. I would install new belts so you know they are not stretched. Loosen all the brackets and exercise them to get easier movement. Also all the belts are the cog type. They don't slip but they do bounce. I like regular belts but may be harder to get. the AC and air pump belts are the hardest.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    When I did the alt belt on my 307, I ended up using a large screwdriver (as a prybar) to swing the alt up into place so the belt wasn't slipping.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.