Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  the APEMAN 
#1 ·
I have a 1983 Cadillac DeVille that I got from my dad seven years ago. I've been trying to restore it since I got it, but unfortunately I've gone about it all wrong, trying to spend very little money doing so. Now I'm ready to do it the right way. I already started rebuilding a 350 Olds engine that I'm going to drop into it to replace a 307 that I had previously swaped from a used car I bought. The drivetrain is no big deal what I'm having a hard time with is finding parts for the interior and exterior. Can anybody suggest a good place to find parts for my car? I would also like to convert the body trim to the '89 or '90 Fleetwood style. Does anybody know how I can do this.

#2 ·
What state do u reside in ? I live in Southern NJ and there is a place here that some people call Caddy & Caprice Heaven. The have so many caddys & caprices from 76 to 87. You can pick the color you want. Just be quick about it cause the interiors dont last long sitting here. They pick the front nose clips (Headlights,bumper so forth) along with the rear fender fill ins on both style cars. The motors are normally taken out and wrapped I think they sell them to some rebuild place.

#5 ·
Big_Blue said:
What state do u reside in ? I live in Southern NJ and there is a place here that some people call Caddy & Caprice Heaven. The have so many caddys & caprices from 76 to 87. You can pick the color you want. Just be quick about it cause the interiors dont last long sitting here. .
Where is this place? I'm near Toms River and need a few parts for my fleet. Thanks.

#6 ·
The name is Pricess Salvage and the other is located in Mount Lauren 609-386-0712 East 7th burlington Route 541.Dont insult the old man at the second location or he will never let you back in again. My friend is a witness to that since he jokingly argued with the man on cross fitting some parts.

Their yard holds older vehicles. I purchased a 1984 Sedan Deville today from Pricess. Its blue with the 4100 but to make ya laugh it runs great. I just wanted some fenders and side trim but for 200 bucks, it was either buy those pieces or the whole car but I dont think he knew it ran. I normally carry a extra battery around when going to yards so I can test cheap beaters before I take them. Since he didnt start it today because of the rain he just wanted to let it go and not waste time stacking it in the back. I left the battery on it and drove it home while my friend took mine caddy home. I know he felt stupid :lildevil:

P.S. Watch out for the mud patches cause your foot will sink into the mud past your ankles.

#7 ·
FRANKO said:
I am in the Phoenix area. Plenty of trim parts from older folks' cars in the U-Pull-It yards, here. Typical full interior (seats, door panels...leather or cloth) runs $200.00 plus freight. Tell me your needs and color preferences.

FRANKO
I never considered that area. My brother lives in Phoenix, I bet I can get him to scout some parts for me. Thanks for the suggestion.

#8 ·
Big_Blue said:
The name is Pricess Salvage and the other is located in Mount Lauren 609-386-0712 East 7th burlington Route 541.Dont insult the old man at the second location or he will never let you back in again. My friend is a witness to that since he jokingly argued with the man on cross fitting some parts.
Thanks. When the weather gets a little better I'll check it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.