Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New member -1969 Fleetwood Limo

1K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  CADforce69 
#1 ·
Just joined , just purchased a 1969 Fleetwood Limo.
body and interior is in good shape ,none of the windows work ,air condition doesn't work, 472 motor- odometer reads 91,000 (may be 191,000?) needs rebuild job,paint job and new door gasketing.

want to rebuild motor and trans, paint, fix air condition and problem with windows not operating.

any comments or suggestions would greatly be accepted!
Thanks In Advance

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Welcome.

As long as the A/C is not working plug out the electrical connection to the A/C compressor to avoid the clutch from engaging. When the system is empty you don't want that pump to work so it doesn't eat itself. Also saves your belts.

You can get all the replacement parts you listed. People here are very willing to help you out here. This place is a good place with good people. :)

#11 ·
Openings for the rear cabin ventilation

#14 ·
It is what I presumed for deviding cabins...

#13 ·
I was drooling over a black 69 just like this one a couple years ago. I stopped to take pics. The interior was thrashed and I had no cash so it went to the crusher for scrap price. I loved those scoops on the rear quarters. I think it had a 3rd row of seats or a folding jump seat or something inside. That was definitely top of the line in 69.

#16 ·
I love this styling a lot ,one of my fave car designs ever :)
Who needs Pagani Huayra photo to embellish their walls ;)

#17 ·
Congrats on your purchase. If you have enough room to store her, it´s a great car; the kind of vehicle used by Presidents and Heads of State.

First of all, check carefully windows fuse. Frequently it seems ok but it´s burned. Try a new one.

For the air conditioning, follow 70eldo´s advice. Supposing all fan speeds and air distribution work ok, first make a deep cleaning of the system, and try to charge the circuit with oil and gas (I recommend R-12) with some dye and check for possible leaks. It has a double system for front and rear area. My 69 had no leaks but I changed compressor -as it was about to seize- and cleaned circuit (including drier bottle and expansion valve change) and now it works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.