My CD Player isn't working...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JamesC
  • 1 Post By brougham
  • 1 Post By Cadillac Giovanni
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, My CD Player isn't working... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham and the CD player stopped working. Pretty sure there isn't a CD in there from the ...
    JamesC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham (sold), 1993 Fleetwood Brougham

My CD Player isn't working...

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham and the CD player stopped working. Pretty sure there isn't a CD in there from the looks of it, but it refuses to accept a CD. It won't take it in. The tape deck works fine, though I think it may need to be cleaned.

Any ideas or troubleshooting?

Edit: I forgot to add it is the stock system.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nebulosity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1984 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Re: My CD Player isn't working...

*looks around* ... I don't see anyone replying yet, so I thought I'd google around. It seems to be a common issue in car stereos, although I've never experienced it. It's only happened in our PS3, but that's because the gearing mechanism on the inside is messed up. :/ We have to take the PS3 apart and correctly position the gears again to get it to work.

Is this a stock or aftermarket stereo? Looks like you can try a couple things (none of these are cadillac though).

+ Press and hold the eject button for several seconds,
    + One person disconnected and reconnected the battery to reset the system,
    + In another case it seems like damage is another cause, but I'm not sure exactly how you'd diagnose that

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8185756AAFuGPE
    http://www.lxforums.com/board/f62/cd...e-disk-263579/
    http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/foru...-accept-discs/

Wish I could help more. I hope other people reply with good answers. Good luck figuring it out.

Thanks I'll look into those links better tomorrow. Thanks still!
    nebulosity likes this.

Well nothing seemed to work sadly. I tried. Now another issue came up on another note (dealing with after an oil change and system not resetting right) shouldn't change subjects in the middle of this thread. Don't want to get into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    Well nothing seemed to work sadly. I tried. Now another issue came up on another note (dealing with after an oil change and system not resetting right) shouldn't change subjects in the middle of this thread. Don't want to get into trouble.
    Is it an aftermarket stereo? What's the other issue that came up?

Quote Originally Posted by nebulosity View Post
    Is it an aftermarket stereo? What's the other issue that came up?
    No it's all factory.

Did an oil change on Saturday and yesterday afternoon on the way home from work the "Change Oil" light came on. I thought I reset it, but apparently not. I reset the system as the manual says (turn ignition to "on" and depress the accelerator 3 times within 5 seconds to reset) I tried this several times and so did a tech. at a dealer I took it too. I've even disconnected the negative on the battery for a little bit to try and reset the system and nothing. "Change Oil" light still shows when running. They told me since it's not resetting it might be a wiring or computer issue which they said for $50 to $100 they can try and diagnose it, plus repair costs if I choose (though funds are tight right now)... I'd love to figure out what's the problem because having the light always on is annoying and just knowing that something little is "wrong" with it - even if not major - also annoys me >.<

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    No it's all factory.

Did an oil change on Saturday and yesterday afternoon on the way home from work the "Change Oil" light came on. I thought I reset it, but apparently not. I reset the system as the manual says (turn ignition to "on" and depress the accelerator 3 times within 5 seconds to reset) I tried this several times and so did a tech. at a dealer I took it too. I've even disconnected the negative on the battery for a little bit to try and reset the system and nothing. "Change Oil" light still shows when running. They told me since it's not resetting it might be a wiring or computer issue which they said for $50 to $100 they can try and diagnose it, plus repair costs if I choose (though funds are tight right now)... I'd love to figure out what's the problem because having the light always on is annoying and just knowing that something little is "wrong" with it - even if not major - also annoys me >.<
    Yeah, it would totally bug me too.

Quote Originally Posted by nebulosity View Post
    Yeah, it would totally bug me too.
    It really does. I guess I'll just have to deal with it for now until I get a little extra money or somehow fix it myself it that's even possible, but I have to find out what exactly is going on first.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Those CD players get problems with age. Try to find a repair shop that can fix it. There's not much use getting a used one because unless it's already been repaired at some point before too it mightnot be much better then what you already have.
    nebulosity likes this.

Cadillac Giovanni is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB

If your dead set on keeping you dash stock, your only option is to try and find a repair shop or find a refurbished unit to swap it out with. Both are iffy propositions. If you're okay with a replacement, can I recommend a Kenwood DPX500? Just put one in my 95 Fleetwood after doing a ton of research and it's a great fit. Looks nice and sounds even better. Got pictures in the thread I made about it.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...fleetwood.html
    nebulosity likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Giovanni View Post
    If your dead set on keeping you dash stock, your only option is to try and find a repair shop or find a refurbished unit to swap it out with. Both are iffy propositions. If you're okay with a replacement, can I recommend a Kenwood DPX500? Just put one in my 95 Fleetwood after doing a ton of research and it's a great fit. Looks nice and sounds even better. Got pictures in the thread I made about it.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...fleetwood.html
    Nice!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.