New stereo in the '95 Fleetwood
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Cadillac Giovanni
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, New stereo in the '95 Fleetwood in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Actually the stereo has been in for about a month or so. I've been meaning to post pics. I was ...
    Cadillac Giovanni is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB

New stereo in the '95 Fleetwood

Actually the stereo has been in for about a month or so. I've been meaning to post pics. I was originally looking for a way to attach an MP3 player or some other auxiliary device to the factory stereo, to avoid running the 20 feet of wires from the trunk to the dash, but I'm a bit of an audiophile and I hate ghetto setups like the tape deck adapters, so I ended up biting the bullet on this one. This is the Kenwood DPX500BT. I did a lot of research into not only the sound, but also the looks. Nothing irks more more than a gaudy-looking aftermarket stereo. The install went alright for the most part. Running the wires was the easiest part, actually. The mounting kit that came with the stereo didn't quite match the instructions, but I made it work. Only rough part is having to mangle up the plastic shield in the dash behind the original stereo so that the new unit can sit flush with the dash, since it is a bit deeper.

Probably a better option than just attaching the MP3 device, since now I have over 64 GB of music on my usb drive at the ready, plus an actual AUX input, optional satellite radio/pandora/iheartradio and all that other stuff, if I ever feel the need. I'm pretty keen on the bluetooth feature with hands-free calling. Makes me feel like I'm an executive. My favorite feature of the radio is the variable display color control. Most higher-end head units have this, but it's nice to make the illumination match the rest of the car's dashboard. The white is a little too bright, but it's still pretty close.

Photo0279.jpg
    Check out the dealer-installed car phone. I'll probably never take it out.
    Photo0280.jpg
    Photo0281.jpg
    nebulosity and talismandave like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Re: New stereo in the '95 Fleetwood

That is a handsome unit and the install looks very clean.

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Nice work. It's a common misconception perpetuated by the Crutchfields of the world that nothing will fit in there. It just takes a little bit of hacking to fit most double-DINs in there - and they look great.

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

good looking install and the display matches the dash cluster pretty good. Great work

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Good job, nicely done and it's not a gaudy one and let me appreciate your thoughts on this set up as well . Because anything that looks like a cheap yet knick-knack stuff would ruin the console as well

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

It's an easy problem to fix, if you can find a shop that still actually fixes car radios.
    If you change it out for something new definately get something like that Kenwood that actually fits properly. Nothing looks worse then an aftermarket radio that is smaller then the hole is or is too flashy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.