94 Fleetwood Hearse came home today!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 94 Fleetwood Hearse came home today! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 1053439_10151576531688640_138172500_o - Edited.jpg The whole family had to try it out. The cat even made himself comfy in there at ...
    Faith76 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 89 Sedan DeVille, 90 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood Hearse

94 Fleetwood Hearse came home today!

1053439_10151576531688640_138172500_o - Edited.jpg

The whole family had to try it out. The cat even made himself comfy in there at one point. He jumped right in like it was his to begin with. I wish my phone hadn't died before I got a picture of that!

1053439_10151576540053640_1626153878_o - Edited.jpg

Right now it's got a cracked windshield, the AC is broken, the windows don't go down, and you have to jump start it before it will go anywhere and after you turn it off.. Some smoke blowing through exhaust, the list goes on. This should be a fun and educational summer project for us!
    She doesn't even have a name yet....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Re: 94 Fleetwood Hearse came home today!

Congrats! Looks like it's in nice shape. The windshield might be tough to find - scour your local salvage yards.

We can't get the windows down. Any clue on where in the panel the fuses are for them? Or any other ideas?

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Fantastic. 90's Cadillacs are hardly my cup of tea though, so I cannot help with the fuse location. A good idea would be to grab a FSM for your year. Won't help with the custom bits that S&S built, but for things like the front windows not going down, it will.

I have recently experienced a very similar car myself, actually. Also an S&S. It has been for salw for quite a while. They are asking 10k for theirs. I'd say you got a good deal.

http://www.2040cars.com/Cadillac/Fle...ition--389301/

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith76
    We can't get the windows down. Any clue on where in the panel the fuses are for them? Or any other ideas?
    My guess....bad window motors or bad switches/ broken wires. If you have a mulitmeter or test lamp, check for power at the switch. If you have power there, go to the junction box and test for power at the appropriate socket. The junction box is located on the passengers side behind the kick panel on my 86. The FSM says which wires do what (at least mine does)

My driver's side window occasionally does not react when I hit the switch. If I hit the door panel with my fist (pretty hard) at the top corner (kind of opposite the side mirror) it will work again.

How many miles are on that? I came across a '94 hearse locally that I'm trying to put a value on. If you look in Craigslist, people are asking stupid money for them. Yours seemed very reasonably priced so I'm going to use that as a benchmark

The only times I see these sell for anything more than a couple thousand is when they are literally "like new".

Even then, the $10k being asked for in the link I posted above for the '96 is far more than ANY 1996 Cadillac should ever be expected to sell for.

Since Sedans are so much more common than Commercial Chassis, my opinion of them is reflected the same. Since I could expect a '96 Hearse in good (but not immaculate) shape to sell for between $1,500 and $2,000 on the high end, anyone asking more than that for a '93-'96 Sedan in good shape is (in my book) completely out of their mind. They should remove a zero from their listed price.

A '93-'96 Fleetwood would probably make a fun beater though. I recall a fellow out in Nevada who had four of them for sale. I test drove one of them and it was fun. Still consider buying one day to fill that purpose. At the same time though, I feel the same car, as a Hearse, is a far more practical car. Wouldn't fit in a garage, no, but as a beater. I'd probably never even clean the thing, nonetheless worry about garaging it.

70K. The seller was asking over 7 thousand for it. We paid 650 bucks! My BF happened to run into him at work and the guy buys and sells used hearses. He just wanted it out of his way, liked us (thought we'd give it a good home) and practically gave it to us. So, I'm not sure what we paid is a good benchmark.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojimmy View Post
    How many miles are on that? I came across a '94 hearse locally that I'm trying to put a value on. If you look in Craigslist, people are asking stupid money for them. Yours seemed very reasonably priced so I'm going to use that as a benchmark

I'm thinking sub-$1k for the one I'm looking at. Needs paint, tires, and gawd knows what else.

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by turbojimmy View Post
    I'm thinking sub-$1k for the one I'm looking at. Needs paint, tires, and gawd knows what else.
    And you as a new owner.
    Faith76 likes this.

It fascinates me that (since moving to Florida) Hearses are so scarce as private vehicles. In fact, I think everyone should own a few.

Seems to be a local cultural/superstitious thing. A good many people are absolutely terrified of mine. One of the mechanics at my shop will actually refuse to even go near mine (not even touch the keys).

Naturally, we torment him with it every chance we get, such as parking it in front of his car, so he cannot leave work. Another time we opened a fresh pair of pallbearer's gloves (I still own several dozen pairs of these that came with my car) and managed to convince him to put them on. After a few moments, we told him of their origins.

Anyhow, Jim, I completely advocate that you purchase a Hearse. We need more normal people around here.
    Faith76 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    It fascinates me that (since moving to Florida) Hearses are so scarce as private vehicles. In fact, I think everyone should own a few.

Seems to be a local cultural/superstitious thing. A good many people are absolutely terrified of mine. One of the mechanics at my shop will actually refuse to even go near mine (not even touch the keys).

Naturally, we torment him with it every chance we get, such as parking it in front of his car, so he cannot leave work. Another time we opened a fresh pair of pallbearer's gloves (I still own several dozen pairs of these that came with my car) and managed to convince him to put them on. After a few moments, we told him of their origins.

Anyhow, Jim, I completely advocate that you purchase a Hearse. We need more normal people around here.
    Eh, I'm not superstitious. It's metal, plastic and glass. It hauled bodies around. To me, it's a 2WD regular cab pickup truck with a cap. But it's lacking the ground clearance of a truck making it a bit less practical. But the freak-people-out factor makes it a bit more attractive. And it's a Cadillac. What more could you ask for?

And you can make your hippie friends sleep in it when their tents get wet!

I've slept in dozens of Hearses over the years.

Never in a tent.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.