472 Carb options..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 472 Carb options.. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi all. I apologize for the very basic question.. Will all 472 carbs fit regardless of the year? If not, ...
    jukelemon is offline Cadillac Owners Member

472 Carb options..

Hi all.

I apologize for the very basic question..

Will all 472 carbs fit regardless of the year? If not, is there a range?

For example, 68-69's will interchange or 68-7x??

I am noticing differences in pricing between the years..which leads me to think there is no interchange.

Thanks all.

Jason

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

deVille33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1977 Coupe (blue), 1977 Coupe (yellow), 1977 Coupe (green)

Re: 472 Carb options..

There were most likely small changes from 1978 - 79, but with the change in emphasis starting in 1970 on, there were most likely several, as emission control and fuel mileage levels were affected by government mandates. The compression was dropped and the jetting most likely changed. A comparison of the base plates will also reveal differences in the vacuum porting per different applications. Then they started using EGR porting through the manifold. Doug Roe's book on the various carb engineering practices will define this. Cadillac FSM will show the make up of each year. Some rebuild kits are made to cover several years. I save the instructions diagrams to aid in any rebuilds. Motors manuals will also reveal some of the changes year to year. Your engine will run best with the carb engineered for it's application. Of course the fuel has changed and some people advise jet changes to compensate for this. I do not think this is a factor for this engine due to the nature of the beast. It is not a high revving engine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.