sticking blend doors?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, sticking blend doors? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Yesterday, I tested a fan speed relay pack in my caddy prior to sending it out to another member. I ...
    cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

sticking blend doors?

Yesterday, I tested a fan speed relay pack in my caddy prior to sending it out to another member. I discovered that everything on my climate control works still except the blend door for the defroster. I get a little air out of the dash top and alot of air out the floor. I tried my fan speed relay pack (a fairly new AC delco) and it did the exact same thing. Playing with the controls and switching between dash, floor, and defrost seemed to make a little more air come out the dash top, but not alot more.
    Anyone have any suggestions? Bad vaccum line? Debris in the way? (Anything is possible since I haven't used the climate control in years).

Also, my fan squeaks. I have 5 or so spares on hand, but I'd rather just fix mine if that is possible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

j2rossit is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 FW Brougham, 68 Wildcat 'vert, 92 & 96 Roadmaster Wagons

Re: sticking blend doors?

Yeah, thanks for doing the test on the unit for me

I can't really help other than suggest looking for a bad vacuum line by that door.
    Good luck.

Looked in the FSM....apparently the blend door is behind the climate unit in the dash (I think). I'll check the vacuum line.

eldorado_sean is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98' Eldorado ESC
    Yup vaccum lines. I had the exact problem on my eldo. Air was only coming out of defrost. From the intake manifold there's a black vaccum line that goes to passenger side firewall and to the blower motor. Trace the vac line back and the leak/ tear will be easy to find. And check out my post it will have everything you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by eldorado_sean
    Yup vaccum lines. I had the exact problem on my eldo. Air was only coming out of defrost. From the intake manifold there's a black vaccum line that goes to passenger side firewall and to the blower motor. Trace the vac line back and the leak/ tear will be easy to find. And check out my post it will have everything you need to know.
    Since everything but the defroster works, I'm guessing the line is in the dash between the right side of the daah and the center.

Also, does anyone know what the hard plastic vacuum line that goes into the firewall below the master cylinder is? It's detached and just sitting there? Wondering if that and my no defroster problem might be related.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.