Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Got pulled over for the first time in the new Fleetwood!

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  jamespowers 
#1 ·
And not for speeding, surprisingly! It was for cutting through a parking lot to avoid a red light. (Freakin' lame, right?). I got off because the cop knew my brother or something, so lucky break, I guess.

But this is 3 for 3, every Cadillac I've owned, when I get pulled over, the cop asks gruffly, "Who's car is this?", to which I proudly answer "Mine."

I suppose the older crowd here might not draw suspicion, but have any of the younger Caddy owners like myself ever had this questioned? I have to wonder why it matters. Do they assume I've boosted grandpa's ride to drive it like a hooligan, slowly cut through adjacent parking lots, and generally be a menace to society? I honestly felt offended by the tone with which he asked, but since I'm a white, middle-class male, it's not like I can complain to anyone. Sigh.

#3 ·
Has happened to me multiple times in my 1980 cadillac coupe. Once for doing same thing, cutting corners. Went through 7-11 parking lot to avoid red light in my other coupe I had. Fast foward to the one I currently own, because to them it appears that I'm not wearing my seatbelt. That's due to seat being all leaned back. Also, having wire spoke wheels and dressed as a cholo doesn't help either.
I'm just waiting to be pulled over now in my 11 sonata and see what the outcome is. Lol.

#5 · (Edited)
......due to seat being all leaned back. Also, having wire spoke wheels and dressed as a cholo doesn't help either.
:lol:

....diggin' the scene with the gangta' lean....:thumbsup:

I used to get pulled over for DWB decades before it was "a thing". In 79 when I had my original Talisman they thought they were getting a big city pimp/drug dealer!

The look on their face when they found this instead was priceless!

#14 ·
Yeah small town... I live in one... was stopped by a cop (the second cop joined within a minute or so). Guess why? The cop checked my license plate and his computer showed only my name, no address whatsoever. Talk about bored cops! lol Funny, I called Mass DOT, they checked their computers and the address was there...

#7 ·
They don't mess with the limo - I guess they cut people that drive for a living a break (not that I do, but that's the impression they get). I got waved through a DUI checkpoint coming home from a concert one night - didn't even want me to stop or put the window down. The limo paid for itself that very moment.

#8 ·
I think senate or government should make a law against cops to prohibit such arbitrary pull overs

#9 ·
I've never heard of being pulled over for cutting through a parking lot. Aren't most parking lots private property? Around here the cops don't mess with moving violations on private property. If the city/county would regulate the lights so they are timed correctly then folks wouldn't get so impatient and resort to other avenues.

While Barney was pestering you for a Mayberry offense, a 7/11 was robbed at gunpoint and a car jacking too place just down the street:rolleyes:

Tell em next time just ask to see the car...no need to pull you over :thepan:

#11 ·
Yeah, only reason I cut through the lot was because I was making a right turn, and the ******* in front of me stopped on the yellow and didn't leave enough room for me to take the right on red.

My town isn't quite as small as Mayberry, but the cops are huge *******s. All of them are bullies. I was talking to my brother, and apparently the cop that got me is a douchebag who is disrespectful towards his girlfriend/fiancee, and flips out if all of his shirts aren't some high-end label. BIG surprise.

#15 ·
I'm 18, and I thankfully haven't been pulled over yet with my '90 Brougham. Sometimes I do enjoy pushing the 350 a little... Also, when people stop and talk to me about it, I'm never asked if the car is mine or not. I've never really given it much thought whether people assume if the car is mine or not, but now that I think about it, I feel like some definitely question it.

#17 ·
Well, it could be worse. They could think you are borrowing it from your parents. :p
Back when these were new, I wanted my parents to get one. :p
I have never gotten pulled over yet. Maybe I look like I own it. :p I did have a tow truck guy pull up next to me to ask what year it was though. :D

----------

I was getting along just fine until i put wire wheels on my fleetwood, been pulled over twice since, I guess they think im pushing crack or something
Oh geez! If I did that here then I would get pulled over. :p

#19 ·
The cops have always questioned it. I guess they assume I'm borrowing a parent/grandparent's car.

Don't see too many ladies cruisin' in Caddies. Tried to get my girlfriend to buy one when she was looking for a new car. She ended up buying a 2004 Chevy Malibu for 4,500. I told her I could have gotten her TWO decent Broughams for that, or one very nice Brougham, which would have kicked the crap out of the Malibu in just about every department. Too big for her, I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.