Old house came w/ old Cadillacs and parts - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Old house came w/ old Cadillacs and parts in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; If they're all in the condition of what's pictured it's not worth much. Build yourself a Cadillac ranch. Kinda neat ...
    brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Re: Old house came w/ old Cadillacs and parts

If they're all in the condition of what's pictured it's not worth much. Build yourself a Cadillac ranch. Kinda neat bonus to come with a house tho.

pompste is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425

Quote Originally Posted by lacville78 View Post
    The designers had to be on drugs, or may they thought their consumers would were, or maybe both; it was the 70s.
    I agree.Mind altering substances for sure may have played a part in those creations.

deVille33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1977 Coupe (blue), 1977 Coupe (yellow), 1977 Coupe (green)

It appears someone started a project on the Sedan. The headlights, and buckets are missing along with the fender wheel wells. You could sell parts off it for cores for replating or replacement. You will have to study the market to get much from this. If you sell off the parts, you will also have to determine the best manner to remove the parts, as that deterioration will make for a lot of fasteners that will not want to come apart. Most junk yards, with cars like that, destroy more value than they get out of the parts they do salvage. How are the floors, undercarriage, other? Can the engine turn? The bumpers, Dagmars, and braces could have value as cores, as could the door handles and trim. The dash parts and components could have some value. Or you could sell the complete car off to some enthusiast in need of parts.
    lacville78 likes this.

Fleet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '69 Fleetwood Brougham, '76 Fleetwood Limousine

That '49 looks like a Fleetwood Brougham, not a Seventy-Five.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Wonder if he knows that the gas cap on the '49 is under the left taillight ?? Push the cat's eye and the entire light assembly is hinged.

DPForumDog is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1949 and 1980's

Actually the old man had disassembled the 1949 cadillac in 1985 and meticulously labeled the parts and put them in ziplock bags. He also had bought a lot of new parts for it. all this stuff is still in the garage. i took some pictures of some of the many ziplock bags and new parts. I have copies of his notes with his hand drawn diagrams. I have also copies of letters he wrote to different suppliers trying to find parts

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
    That '49 looks like a Fleetwood Brougham, not a Seventy-Five.
    I don't know , but the old man's note said it was a fleetwood seventy imperial.

Faith76 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 89 Sedan DeVille, 90 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood Hearse

[QUOTE=DPForumDog;10501529]Actually the old man had disassembled the 1949 cadillac in 1985 and meticulously labeled the parts and put them in ziplock bags. He also had bought a lot of new parts for it. all this stuff is still in the garage. i took some pictures of some of the many ziplock bags and new parts. I have copies of his notes with his hand drawn diagrams. I have also copies of letters he wrote to different suppliers trying to find parts[COLOR="Silver"]

That's pretty amazing.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

I think you need to get in touch with the Cadillac LaSalle Club. I'm sure there is somebody that would buy that 49 for parts, or hell maybe even restore it if it is 100% complete. That's the big thing with these old cars, if you have every single nut, bolt, fastner, piece of trim, its so much easier to restore these cars. If the floors/frame are pretty solid it might be worth it, if they look like the bottoms of the doors, it wouldn't be a project any sane person would take on.

DPForumDog is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1949 and 1980's

I guess these are the hubcaps for the 1949 sedan:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39342778@N07/9371204303/

There are 4 of them and they are beautiful. My husband thinks they were re-chromed. I am trying to figure out what they are worth. Ebay has them for $500.00 to $2900.0 for a set of four hub caps like these.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

I don't know what they are worth, but they look brand new!
    After looking at the photos of that 49, it might be salvagable. quarters and rockers look fairly solid. I do wonder what the floorpans look like though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.