79 sedan deville interior lights - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 79 sedan deville interior lights in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by 1980coupe Could be the wire leading away from the door pin switch that is causing it to ...
    vicello93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1979 sedan deville
    Quote Originally Posted by 1980coupe
    Could be the wire leading away from the door pin switch that is causing it to turn on. If it's still unconnected, touch the wire to metal, lights come on, right. If the lights no longer coming on is a concern to you, then just tape the wire with electrical tape and tuck the wire away..
    Or you can have a faulty door pin switch..they're inexpensive or you can get them free at the salvage yard, lol
    It's a new pin actually, they do come on but when I put the fuse in even with the door closed it stays on. It worked fine for like 10 minutes but it stays on now. Btw the Ga trans fuse was melted... Should I be concerned? It's a 20 fuse, I looked on the car manual

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

Re: 79 sedan deville interior lights

It is a concern. Something is causing it to melt and that's no good. Hopefully it's nothing serious and you can replace and put in a new one. If it does it again, melt fuse, something is wrong in that circuit.

It is a concern. Something is causing it to melt and that's no good. Hopefully it's nothing serious and you can replace and put in a new one. If it does it again, melt fuse, something is wrong in that circuit.
    Oh boy.. Yeah I replaced it and ill keep track of it . Thanks!

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

Re: 79 sedan deville interior lights

I'll follow up to what else is powered by that specific fuse. I have the wiring schematics for it...

I'll follow up to what else is powered by that specific fuse. I have the wiring schematics for it...
    Oh nice! Could u send it to me?

Quote Originally Posted by vicello93

Oh nice! Could u send it to me?
    Hey everyone, so I still didn't find out what's the problem, but I noticed that my rear drivers side door lock isn't working, could that be the problem?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.