Took my limo to the top shop - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Took my limo to the top shop in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by jamespowers Nothing the foot won't fix. Or duct tape. I had to duct tape it to the ...
    turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Re: Took my limo to the top shop

Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    Nothing the foot won't fix.
    Or duct tape. I had to duct tape it to the windshield. It was hideous but effective.

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by turbojimmy View Post
    Or duct tape. I had to duct tape it to the windshield. It was hideous but effective.
    Oh geez! Get them to fix it fast!

Still don't have the car back yet. Says he hasn't gotten to it yet, but really likes having it around. He said "You know what the best part is? It's not a Lincoln!". He talked about how distinctive they are to begin with, but a stretch is really unique among the sea of Town Cars that have essentially looked the same for decades. I guess I agree, but I'd like to have it back now, please.

Still don't have the car back yet. Says he hasn't gotten to it yet, but really likes having it around. He said "You know what the best part is? It's not a Lincoln!". He talked about how distinctive they are to begin with, but a stretch is really unique among the sea of Town Cars that have essentially looked the same for decades. I guess I agree, but I'd like to have it back now, please.
    Put your foot in his butt and make him get to it. I give it to guys like that. I would call or go by every day to see the progress whether he likes it or not. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Squeak a bit.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Tell him you have it hired for a paid gig by XX/XX/XXXX, and if it isn't done by then......
    Cadillacboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Tell him you have it hired for a paid gig by XX/XX/XXXX, and if it isn't done by then......
    Then he owes you the lost income from the vehicle.
    Cadillacboy likes this.

Yeah, I've been cool about it so far. It's just another vehicle to put gas in. I really don't drive it much, but with recent graduations and other events it would have been cool to have. Funny how the kids don't appreciate it until it isn't here, then want to ride around in it.
    Cadillacboy and talismandave like this.

Yeah, I've been cool about it so far. It's just another vehicle to put gas in. I really don't drive it much, but with recent graduations and other events it would have been cool to have. Funny how the kids don't appreciate it until it isn't here, then want to ride around in it.
    I would have just went and got it if I needed it. I would bring it back when I felt like it too.

Picked it up today. I popped in on him unannounced yesterday and he was actually working on it. He's a nice guy, or at the very least knows how to come across that way to stay in business. Fun to talk to. He admitted that he thought the way he had secured the front edge would be find, but in retrospect should have been sealed better. He put a lot of glue underneath it, tucked it under the rubber molding and ran a fairly inconspicuous bead of black silicone to hold it down. 90 MPH on the highway on the way home and it stayed down :-p (was trying to catch my brother in his wagon, but he had too big of a head start).

No air conditioning, though, and it is 90 degrees and stupid humid today. I put 4 cans of R134 in it when I got home and it's finally starting to cool off. At $10 a can, I'll be broke by the end of the season. I have an ultraviolet light so I can see where it's leaking. Just have to wait until dark. I think my compression fittings are holding - there was pressure at the low-pressure fitting on the accumulator. I think that schrader valve is leaking. Of course that's a brand new part. They don't make them like they used to....

Picked it up today. I popped in on him unannounced yesterday and he was actually working on it. He's a nice guy, or at the very least knows how to come across that way to stay in business. Fun to talk to. He admitted that he thought the way he had secured the front edge would be find, but in retrospect should have been sealed better. He put a lot of glue underneath it, tucked it under the rubber molding and ran a fairly inconspicuous bead of black silicone to hold it down. 90 MPH on the highway on the way home and it stayed down :-p (was trying to catch my brother in his wagon, but he had too big of a head start).

No air conditioning, though, and it is 90 degrees and stupid humid today. I put 4 cans of R134 in it when I got home and it's finally starting to cool off. At $10 a can, I'll be broke by the end of the season. I have an ultraviolet light so I can see where it's leaking. Just have to wait until dark. I think my compression fittings are holding - there was pressure at the low-pressure fitting on the accumulator. I think that schrader valve is leaking. Of course that's a brand new part. They don't make them like they used to....
    Good to see that you have it back now. Enjoy it!
    Cadillacboy likes this.

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Good to see that you have it back now. Enjoy it!
    + Fleetwood Brougham lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillacboy View Post
    + Fleetwood Brougham lol
    Thanks! But it's tough to enjoy without decent A/C on a 90-degree day. Freaking thing leaked down again overnight to where the A/C is not keeping up. Yesterday it was good and last night it was ice cold, but today it's actually cooler outside the car after driving around with the A/C on for 20 minutes.

I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and pay someone to find and fix the leak. The problem is that I'm reasonably sure it's in that custom-made line that no one seems interested in duplicating for me.

I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and pay someone to find and fix the leak. The problem is that I'm reasonably sure it's in that custom-made line that no one seems interested in duplicating for me.
    Like I said give the problem to someone else. There are people out here who duplicate lines and hoses. You don't have any out there?! Gee that stinks.

Like I said give the problem to someone else. There are people out here who duplicate lines and hoses. You don't have any out there?! Gee that stinks.
    I may have to. I need someone to verify where the leak is. If it is the line I had to hack up, then I'll have to find someone to make a new one. If it isn't, that would be a good thing.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Did you do the black light thing yet?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.